The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1956 D8 Stringmaster
Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 6:07 am    

I have a very nice 24.5" scale Blond 1956 D8 Stringmaster for sale. This guitar has live in it's case most of it's life and is in excellent 100% original condition.

The only real flaws in the original finish are a small cigarette burn on the top and a couple of areas on both edges which were scratched from the leg holder while the guitar was inside the case. There is no real playing wear anywhere on the guitar and the chrome is almost perfect. All electronics and tuners work like new. This guitar sounds great with absolutely no issues. Come with it's original tweed case also in excellent condition.

$1200.00 plus shipping

I also have left over from a D8 Stringmaster that I parted out a while back a set of tuning keys, a matched set of original pickups and an extra 2 button pickup selector switch I saved as spare parts for this guitar. Stringmaster users know these are the first parts to go out on these guitars and are expensive and impossible to find so I wanted to make sure to have extras. I would like to sell these with the guitar only at this time for $300.00. If I sell the guitar first, I will consider selling the parts later.

Thanks

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 6:12 am    

Harry

Do you have an extra D8 tweed case?

thx

bob

Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 2:53 pm    

Sorry. All I have left are the parts I listed above which I don't want to sell until I sell the guitar.

Harry

Lyle Bame

Vancouver, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 4:35 pm    

Hi Harry, I probably wouldn't have responded to you but I saw Kalispel and. I went to high school in Libby and played music there at the Dixie Inn and the Blue Moon and IOOF around Kalispel and I believe it was called Middle Thompson lake resort between Libby and Kalispel. I can't tell you how long ago it was. What I wanted to ask you is I have a Fender Stringmaster Dbl 6 and case that is absolutely mint. Any idea who could use one. I put it on the Forum and guy told me how rare it was and what it was worth but no buyers. I might do part of it in a trade. Drop me a line if you want and if you need a picture ask me. Thanks, Lyle Bame in Vancouver Washington

Rick Alexander

Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 5:23 pm    

A 50s long scale Stringmaster?! It must sound amazing . .

------------------
Rick Alexander
57 Fender Stringmaster T8, 57 Fender Champ, 59 Valco D8, 47 National New Yorker . .

Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2004 11:54 am    

Well, I pulled it out to take the pictures and started playing it again. That was a mistake. How could anyone sell one of these. They sound way to good so I guess I will be keeping it and putting back into the rotation.

Thanks for the offers. Go ahead and close this up.

Harry

Rick Alexander

Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2004 1:28 pm    

Harry, you came to your senses.