The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Dual 7 by Elmer Hobor F/S
Dale Dorsey

Granger, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2004 6:24 am    

Need to sell this one but hate to. Many won't know Elmer but BE & TB do very well. He is a master at electronics and getting all the tone in the world. I'm sure if you asked either one of them, they would back my statement. This is one of only a few guitars he made during the early sixties. The guitar is mint, 24" scale, dual 7 and has the original Rick horseshoe pickups on it. Guitar is like new with one exception. the legs are not original and are very short. I actually bought it for my son who has decided to play piano instead. It is perfect for a ten yr old son or grandson to start out on. It is perfect for anyone who wants an incredible sounding and nice D7. However, you'll have to put longer legs on it. The case isn't anything to write home about. Don't get me wrong, it isn't abused or used but Elmer couldn't care less about building a nice case back in those days. It's wood and will pack the guitar well enough to ship it to you without damage. However, if you want to take it anywhere, you would want to have one built special by a case mfgr. Ok, I will send pics to anyone who wants to see this. Price is 350.00 frim and includes domestic shipping. Otherwise, I'll take pics and throw it on ebay with a reserve. Oh, almost forgot...It has Tom Brumley's sig on the top of it and says "To Mike, Tom Brumley" that is my son. Hope you don't mind...It's in black felt tip pen.

Dale Dorsey

Granger, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2004 6:43 am    

If anyone is interested. I just found a set of legs for this guitar on ebay with two days left on the auction. Can't believe it. Item # 3728677734 I wish I could go ahead and get them myself. They would be perfect for the guitar.

Dale Dorsey

Granger, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2004 2:50 pm    

Wow! I've had quite a response and haven't been home since this morning. I won't be able to send pics until later tonight to everyone who has asked for them...So hang on...I'll get them to you when I return home late tonight. FYI...I was with Elmer today and he told me he made this is 1951 and actually only used the horseshoe magnets but wound the pickups himself which even makes it better. I never knew that until today. It's a great sounding axe.

Dale Dorsey

Granger, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2004 3:55 am    

Moving to ebay tonight,go ahead and close. Thks.