The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  I get to keep My Zum
Larry Burdette

Williamstown, WV, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2004 12:17 pm    

Hi, thought everyone would like to know I dont have to sell my Zum.Work is picking up,I am not going to get layed off. For the ones who thought something was wrong with it the reason I was selling it, think about it. A situation may arise when you may have to sell your guitar, too, I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone to think there was something wrong with it because you were selling it. oh,by the way, I am also the proud owner of a new Williams, steel, in my opinion i own two top of the line guitars. Thanks for letting me post on the Forum. God Bless.

Billy Woo

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2004 1:22 pm    

Larry
I for one am glad that you don't have to sell your Zum as I have one and just love it also knowing that today's work climate can be somewhat challenging (I've been laid off once) and trying to make ends meet is a Herculean effort at best. Anyway Good for you and Keep on a pickin..

Bronco Billy
Zumsteel U-12

Bobby Duncan

Pensacola, FL, USA (these days)
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2004 2:32 pm    

Hey Larry,
Congratulations man. I'm really glad to hear that and I'm happy for you. I still regret selling mine. One day I will have another one.
Keep steelin',
BD

Steven Cearley

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2004 4:39 pm    

That's good news. I listed my JB Frypan on ebay due to circumstances and I don't have to sell it either, I know the feeling. STEVE

------------------

B.Jenkins

Parkersburg, WV...U.S.A
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2004 1:43 am    

I think for the most part some of us for one reason or another has had to sell something to make ends meet, when you are employed by someone else, that has a big part on your lifestyle and they control to some degree your cash flow, at any given time you can be in the unemployment line wondering what happened.
More and more of our business's are moving to other county's to cut down on overhead,
and turn a bigger profit and our economy is slowly going down the tubes.
I'm glad you get to keep your steel buddy..
Billy..Williams 400 SD-10.. Evans SE-200 amps..

Jennings Ward

Edgewater, Florida, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2004 9:42 am    

Hey Larry, I am so happy for you, being from W.Va. also I know how hard it is to keep up. Say do you have any relatives in Hinton W.va.? I am from that part of the country and there are a lot of pickers in those parts..Russ Hicks, Charley McCoy, Jimmy Dickend, Brad Paisley, Ray Benson, and a bunch of outhers..you can ans, at wboss65@ucnsb.net looking forward to hearing from you Jennings Ward Ed10+10+10

John Daugherty

Rolla, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2004 9:18 am    

Larry, I am happy for you. When my daughter was born, I sold my steel to help buy her way out of the hospital. I now have some good instruments and 2 wonderful daughters to boot.
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures on earth". Family is more important.
Good luck in all that you do. ...John...