The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  3 Emmons Steel Guitars For Sale
Bobby D. Reed

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2004 3:28 pm    

Emmons Legrande II D-10 8 & 5 guitar and case

The color is walnut mica and the guitar is in new condition. I can find no evidence that this guitar has ever been played before I checked it out. It has the Emmons setup and has that great Emmons sound and plays extremely well. I have played it in my personal studio a few times and so far it has stayed perfectly in tune from one playing until the next. I assume this guitar is only a couple of years old.
Serial is 1492L

I also have for sale a SD 12 universal Emmons Push Pull w/4& 5 that is a rare factory single 12 string on a double frame. I set this guitar beside the D10 Legrande II described above, and absolutely could not tell which was the newer guitar. It is in perfect condition. Rosewood mica .

I also have a Legrande SD 10 w/3 & 5 that has been converted from a D 10. They have done a wonderful job in converting this guitar. It looks factory. It also plays and sounds like an Emmons Legrande which it is. It's a short key head model w/George L pickup. I guess it's time to get down to business of price.
Legrande II D 10= $2,750.00
Emmons SD 12 Universal Push Pull $2,350.00
If this sounds too high to you boys, you haven't seen or played this guitar or not aware how rare this guitar is.
SD-10 Emmons Legrande $1,795.00.
I have two or 3 more steels and about 15 steel amps and a few other accessories that you might email me or call 615 824-4187 which I prefer. I have free Excel long distance so I'll call you back and save you the $$. Buyer pays shipping and ins on all purchases.I prefer payment in USPS money orders, no personal checks.

Jack Musgrave

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2004 1:16 am    

A word to the wise, I had a solid deal with this man on a guitar and he backed out after I had made arrangements to pick up the guitar. take it for what it is worth. A man's word is his bond, in my opinion.

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 7 Jun 2004 7:09 am    

There is always another side of a story so here's mine. It is true that I had a trade made with Jack and it's true that I left a message canceling the deal. For this I apologize to Jack and all who might be involved but I wish to post my reasons or excuses if you wish.
We were to meet more than 250 miles from my home to exchange guitars. I am legally blind and obviously I don't drive and the ride I'd arranged crapped out. Further I had a selfish reason I'll admit. I play a wierd setup which I had on two guitars, one I was trading to Jack. The other had a pending sale. I know how long it takes to get another set-up done so I decided after I left the message that I would just postpone the trade until I had Duane Marrs set up a Lagrande II. I called Jack to explain this but although his wife called for him he would not come to the phone so we've had no further communication. I guess Jack is right I did back out of a deal but I wish he would have come to the phone when I called to hear the rest and maybe he wouldn't have blasted me so badly. I'm sure by talking to Jack that he is a great gut and I am truly sorry this happened but I have a long list of references if anyone would like to look and once again this the rest of the story JACK I APOLOGIZE.......Bobby Reed

Jack Musgrave

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2004 3:30 pm    

apology accepted Bobby, I did not mean to flame you, I just sort of got my feelings hurt. I am sure that you are probably a great guy to deal with. you seemed like a pretty nice fellow on the phone, and besides, you are a steel player, my friend in music.

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 7 Jun 2004 5:16 pm    

Thanks so much for the reply Jack and as you say, we're music friends with the most wonderful common interest in the whole world, THE STEEL GUITAR.....Bobby

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2004 5:21 pm    

I love it when it ends good..
Hook

------------------
HookMoore.com