7.___7____7_____|____________|________________________|
8._7____________|____________|________________________|

3._____________11~12~11~12~|~10
4._____________11~12~11~12~|~10
5._7a~~8a~~7a______________|
6._7b~~8L~~7L______________|
7._________________________|
8._________________________|

(if you don't have 6th string lower half; here is alt.)

3._______________11~12~11~12~|~10
4._______________11~12~11~12~|~10
5.___________________________|
6._12~~12b~~11b______________|
7.___________________________|
8._12~~12L~~11L______________|

Ricky

dlayne

OH
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2000 7:10 am    

Hey Ricky,thanks for posting this one as you could tell by some of my tab I sent you I was,nt doing it just right,this looks and plays right to me,you and Graham are the best!!

------------------
Dan Layne

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2000 3:59 pm    

Your quite welcome and thanks for the compliments on me and Graham.
Ricky

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2000 4:08 pm    

Ricky:
Is this done in the same key as the song by Dwight?? Janice sent me a .wav file for it and if it is, I will post it on the site.

Thanks, bud.

Dan:
Thanks for the kind words. We do it all for you!

------------------
Rebel™
ICQ 614585
http://users.interlinks.net/rebel/steel/steel.html

[This message was edited by Graham on 13 June 2000 at 05:09 PM.]

Jeff Lampert

queens, new york city
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2000 5:17 pm    

Ricky and Graham,
I think I hear a couple of other things in the solo. I tried to tab them. The first is a 1/2 step drop using the E-Eb knee lever on the fifth fret in block number 3. The second is trickier, but in block 7 where you do the 'c' pedal, I don't hear the second part of what you tabbed. Is it possible that it's something like what I tabbed? Anyway, just trying to help. Thanks alot for the tabbing. .. jeff

1__________________________________________________________________________________

2__________________________________________________________________________________
3__________________________________12_~~~~~~12b_~~~_______________________________
4___7_~_____7_~__7_~__5lower_______12c_~_12__12_~~~~_______________________________
5___7_~_7a__7a_~_7_~__5______________________12a_~_12______________________________
6____________________________________________12b_~~~`______________________________
7__________________________________________________________________________________
8__________________________________________________________________________________
9__________________________________________________________________________________
10_________________________________________________________________________________

[This message was edited by Jeff Lampert on 13 June 2000 at 06:26 PM.]

[This message was edited by b0b on 18 June 2000 at 06:38 PM.]

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2000 12:03 pm    

Yeah Graham same solo and key. Hey Jeff I never go to sit down with my steel on this one and did it on the fly; so until I can actually play through it; it might be a little off here and there. I listened to it through my computer also and my tab may be supject to some improvement; so thanks and if you are absolutely sure that is it; than you can send the whole solo(if you did that) to Graham and he can put it up on the site.
I'm on the road now for two weeks and can't possibly check it absolute; so you go for it pal.
Thanks.
Ricky

Will Bartell

Medford, Oregon USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2000 4:31 pm    

Since this was prompted by my request in the first place, I want to thank all of you for the tab. I'm still trying to track down an audio source, but when I can HEAR it again, I'm sure both of the above tabs will put me in the money. You guys are great! Will

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2000 6:16 pm    

Will:
Check the site on the 1988 page. Sound clip and tab are there.

Jeff:
Included your possible alternative with Ricky's tab. If you want to email me your tab as a notepad text file, will use it on the site.

------------------
Rebel™
ICQ 614585

Jeff Lampert

queens, new york city
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2000 7:10 pm    

Graham,
Is that the same as a Word attachment to the e-mail? .. Jeff

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2000 2:36 pm    

Jeff:
All the tab Ricky does up, he does in Notepad which is found in the Accessories in Windows 95/98. He saves them as plain text files and sends them to me in an email and I then do them up as an html document for the site.
Hope this helps.

------------------
Rebel™
ICQ 614585

Jeff Lampert

queens, new york city
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2000 7:15 pm    

Graham,
This is the final result for the solo. I sent an e-mail so it can be posted to the html site. And by the way, how can I reduce the font size? .. Jeff

Key of E
~ indicates slide
* indicates extremely quick slide, almost like a "pop"
x indicates 1/2 'a' pedal

1____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
2____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
3____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
4____________________|___7_________________|___7~~___7~~~~5_______|___________________
5___________8*7______|_____7x~6a~7a________|___7~7a__7a~7~5L______|____7a~6a~7a_______
6____7*7b______7b____|_____7b~6b~7b________|______________________|____7b~6b~7b_______
7___7_____7__________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
8__7_________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
9____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
10___________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
_____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
_____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________

1____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
2____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
3____________________|_____________________|_12~~~~~12b~~_________|________11~12~11~__
4____________________|___7~~__7~~__________|_12c~12_12_____7~~~___|________11~12~11~__
5__________8*7_______|___7~7a_7~7a__7a_____|________12a~12_7a~7_7a|7a~8a_7____________
6_____7b_______7b____|______________7b_____|________12b_________7b|7b~8L_7L___________
7____7__7____________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
8___7________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
9____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
10___________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________

3 ~12~10_____________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
4_~12~10_____________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
5____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
6____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
7____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________
8____________________|_____________________|______________________|___________________

[This message was edited by Jeff Lampert on 15 June 2000 at 09:16 PM.]

[This message was edited by b0b on 18 June 2000 at 06:39 PM.]

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2000 12:35 pm    

Jeff:
If you are using notepad, click on "edit", then click on "set font". That should enable you to set the font size you want.

------------------
Rebel™
ICQ 614585

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2000 5:36 pm    

If you follow the directions on the UBB Code help page, your font size will be smaller.

------------------
-b0b- ... Click Here for Forum Products
-System Administrator