The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho~Bud Knee Levers [levers only, no hubs, parts etc.]
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2024 3:45 pm    

3 used Sho~Bud aluminum tear drop knee levers from Super Pro KL hubs. Don't know if they are original Sho~Bud issue or one of the aftermarket builds. They are very nicely done and in good condition with a few scratches and mounting marks here and there. Nice feature is the holes for accessing tilt screws in the hubs that they mount to.

1 new original Sho~Bud die cast push up lever came with LKV kit for 6148, 6150...never used.

All are approx. 6 3/4 inches long and mount with #10 attaching screws and nuts.

No hardware included or any other attaching parts...just the levers...what you see in the photos.

I replaced them all with longer levers to avoid cutting the guitar down. The original straight lever was replaced with a longer one too. It came in a new LKV kit that I bought online and wasn't used. I should hang on to them, but I just need the money to offset expenses incurred with re-working the guitar and I can't see ever getting rid of it.

$125 for the 4 pieces + $15 priority mail box ship in conus. No paypal. Prefer USPS money order or will accept check with time allowance for clearance.

I will consider a fair offer.

Contact me thru the forum PM feature. I only sell and ship to forum members in the conus.

I do have one new, never used 4 1/4 inch x 5/16 in. hex cross shaft that I will include for an additional $5.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 6:18 am    

I only knew of one builder/machinist of parts that actually made "Curved Knee Levers" that would fit the Knee lever mount for straight super pro knee levers; and that was the late John Coop(RIP). So those are not original to Sho~bud as they of course made the new "Straight Lever" when Super Pro came out and of course the old original curved knee would NOT FIT that new knee mount.
Ricky

Rich Gibson

Pittsburgh Pa.
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 6:33 am    

I’ll take them
PM sent

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 7:39 am    

Thanks Ricky. Not an expert on Sho~Bud guitars which is why I wanted potential buyers to understand I don't know the origin of these tear drop levers nor if they fit any other Sho~Buds.

Some clarification may be in order. I took these off a Fender Artist. I wrote Super Pro because the mechanics are the same for the Artist. I know neither one of those had tear drop curved levers, so they were not original to either guitar model.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 8:19 am    

Hi Rich. PM sent.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 12:51 pm    

please close this topic.