The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Joe Wright
Cris Clark

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2024 5:43 pm    

I just discovered the amazing teaching of Joe Wright today. Does anyone know if Joe is still teaching? If so how to contact him? Or is he still with us? Any information be greatly appreciated! Cris

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2024 9:39 am    

Joe is still very much with us. I don't know if He is still teaching or not. I think He is a member here, you could contact him thru the Forum. Good luck. Joe is geat.

George Duncan Sypert

Colo Spgs, Co, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2024 2:39 pm     Joe Wright

This may be old news but Joe told me at the Dallas show this year that all of his material in on the internet for free. I had already known this but it was nice of him to tell me that. George

Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2024 6:58 am    

He is still teaching. Go to the Sierra website and he has some great videos to start out, his strategy is to teach technique first not songs, you can start doing his exercises, best to start with his lap steel lessons, he says you have to get the right hand technique down first.

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2024 7:03 am    

There is something wrong with Joe's videos on the Sierra site. The Universal lessons can't be watched. They play for a minute and then stop and go into an endless buffer mode. I don't know if the rest of the videos have the same problem but the Universal lessons are unwatchable.

Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2024 7:13 am    

Bill McCloskey wrote:
There is something wrong with Joe's videos on the Sierra site. The Universal lessons can't be watched. They play for a minute and then stop and go into an endless buffer mode. I don't know if the rest of the videos have the same problem but the Universal lessons are unwatchable.

Email Sierra, they will give you Joe's contact info and he will fix it. I had a problem with his lap steel lessons and he got back to me immediately with a fix.