The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Fender Nashville Tele Foto-Flame Cherry Sunburst
Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2024 1:29 pm    

The guitar is with me in Nashville until Friday. We can meet in-person if you're interested. Beyond that, I'm driving back to PA Friday and probably Saturday, probably through KY, Ohio, and Western PA, and I'm fine to meet on the road if I still have it. $700 cash, in-person.

This guitar started life as a MIJ Nashville Tele. Body is from a 90s or early 2000s MIJ Fender Foto-Flame Nashville Tele. The body has the belly cut and the Strat-style forearm contour, but is otherwise squared-off like a classic Tele. The neck is a stock 2015 Fender American Standard Tele neck. Neck is like new, with nice, comfortable medium-tall frets.

Everything on the body was replaced before I got it. Pickups are: Duncan SSL-3 pickup neck (Hotter Strat wind), Duncan SSL-1 middle (Vintage Strat wind), and Duncan Vintage Tele Bridge. Normal Tele control plate and electronics, except the junk MIJ switch was replaced with a CRL-type 5-way switch. I don't see CRL on the switch, so I believe it's some type of good repro. The pots are 250K mini-pots. The bridge saddles are intonatable brass saddles - the large, solid type.

Guitar plays very well, to my tastes. Set up with Ernie Ball 10-46, very wide bends are no problem. The action could come down without fretting out, but I want to be able to stretch the strings, or even re-tune open E/A for slide. So I gave it a bit of relief and set the action just a bit higher than it needs to be. It plays very well fretted, but someone who wants very low action might want to tighten the truss rod a bit and lower the action a bit.

Tonally, this guitar covers a lot of ground. The somewhat hotter neck pickup has more beef than a standard Strat or Tele pickup. The bridge pickup is classic Tele. The middle pickup gives the classic Strat sounds.

Photos tell the story on cosmetics. This is a looker, but not perfect. There are some body scuffs, which I've tried to photograph below. I've been using it when I'm here in Nashville for the last 8 years, and it's time for a new home. I have too many Telecasters, and I tend to play my vintage ones these days.

David Celmer

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2024 4:49 pm     The Tiger Tele

Just messaged you, many thanks!

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2024 6:42 pm    

Thought I closed this ... traded at a guitar show a couple of weeks ago.