The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Fender/Sho-Bud/Super Pro Reverser Shaft Crank [CLOSE PLEASE]
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2024 9:41 am    

Need one or two. I can use the long ones and just hack 'em off but prefer the short ones.

These lay flat on the flat side of the cross shaft to connect to the reversing shaft.

Same part as Super Pro.

One of mine got lost in shipping and the other one broke...so need at least one, can use two. Pay reasonable fee. Used OK. Can pay by check or m.o.

My order from www.psgparts.com has been processed so they're back up.

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 20 Apr 2024 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Pat Kane

Delaware, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2024 9:55 am    

Jerry, just curious if yours broke during play. I’m in the process of replacing the parts on my Super Pro era Bud and wasn’t sure if these reversers were as prone to breakage as a pull bellcrank.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2024 1:39 pm    

I dunno Pat, these are the pot metal version and I suspect the reverser parts are pretty much the same as the bell cranks.

The one that failed had a bit of wear similar to what you see in the photo I posted.

I'm cheap, but if you would like to ensure long term reliability, I would suggest www.psgparts.com for replacements of the sho~bud pot metal parts with Michael's machined aluminum parts.

Michael Yahl

Troy, Texas!
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2024 4:57 am    

Jerry, I have a bunch in stock.
https://www.psgparts.com/shop/01-130-link-reversing-hex-18543?page=3&category=1#attr=

[/img]

PSG PARTS
http://www.psgparts.com/

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2024 7:15 am    

Thanks Michael. I'm aware of your fine selection of parts for these ol 'buds. I'm sort of upside down on this project already so was hoping to find a kind soul that had replaced one of these with your upgrade that would be kind enough to pass the old one along.

I'll certainly consider your more reliable parts along with the many others you are offering to the community. Thanks for that. I'm sure we're all glad to have you back.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2024 9:42 am    

Definitely hit Michael up. I wish the internet, and Michael, would nave been around when I had my Stupor Pro in the 80' to early 90's. I might have kept it.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2024 10:45 am    

Yes, I'm very appreciative of Michael's prescence and work he does for the steel community. I may do that if I don't find an old one for peanuts. That would get me by for now.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2024 1:24 pm    

Michael@ www.psgparts.com

I tried to place an order earlier on Sunday but got a Security Risk Warning, then tried again later but couldn't complete the order. I keep getting an internal servor error message?

Michael Yahl

Troy, Texas!
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2024 3:46 pm    

There was an upgrade to the software Friday and since then it's been throwing this error. I've submitted a ticket but i have no idea as to when it will be resolved. I'm doing all I can on my end to try and fix the issue but have been unsuccessful at this point.

New website, new problems. The software is all cloud based and not local on my machine so there's little I have control over.

Please be patient.

Thanks,
Michael

PSG PARTS
http://www.psgparts.com/

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2024 4:35 pm    

Thanks Michael. Now at least I know it's not on my end. I'll just wait a bit as I'm in no big hurry, and try again at a later date. Thx.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2024 7:58 am     Re: Fender/Sho-Bud/Super Pro Reverser Shaft Crank

Still need this. I have a long one but I don't want to cut it up in case I need it later as it's the only one I have.
Prefer the short one but will accept the long one.

Michael's site is still not functional but there must be somebody who has replaced these old pot metal parts with alum one. I'd be happy to have one of the old ones. Thanks.

Jerry Overstreet wrote:

Need one or two. I can use the long ones and just hack 'em off but prefer the short ones.

These lay flat on the flat side of the cross shaft to connect to the reversing shaft.

Same part as Super Pro.

One of mine got lost in shipping and the other one broke...so need at least one, can use two. Pay reasonable fee. Used OK. Can pay by check or m.o.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 8:43 am     Close Please

My order was processed. This can now be closed.