The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Handmade lap steel guitar. Early rickenbacker pickup. $550
Thomas Mardas

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2024 9:28 am    

This is a beautiful handmade lap steel. Made from Honduran mahogany (not imported since the 70's) and Hawaiian Koa. Guitar is crafted very well with pinned connections and solid chrome parts. The pickup was from an early 1937 rickenbacker model B lap steel and has amazing volume, clarity, harmonics, etc. Mint condition pickup. Guitar has one knob like the original early ricks for volume as the tone was amazing and didn't need adjusting. Price is less than the cost of one of these pickups, Lollar are 600 and this is an original. Free shipping in the continental USA. I currently have her on Reverb also but avoid the fees and taxes buying direct. Plus free shipping. Case is beat up on the outside but solid, all snaps, locks etc work fine. I will make a video soon as that will say more. Originally i was going to take the pickup out and put it into one of my post war ricks but it's larger an won't fit without cutting etc. I don't want to do that. I just put a new set of C6 strings on her and for Hawaiian music this is a keeper! I have alot of watchers on Reverb but seriously would rather sell it to someone from the forum. I have repeatedly tried to upload pics on this site and to no avail. Here is the link to the Reverb site which has pics of this fine instrument.
https://reverb.com/item/80180122-honduran-mahogany-custom-lap-steel-rickenbacker-horseshoe-pickup.

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2024 4:01 am    

Looks like someone snapped it up !