The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Faye Webster new Album (Matt Stoessel)
Thomas de Bourbon

Los Angeles, California, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2024 3:28 pm    

New album "Underdressed at the Symphony" from Faye Webster with beautiful steel playing from Matt Stoessel. There isn't much about Faye's music on the forum, which is arguably one of the main forces bringing pedal steel to a young new audience. It's a great mix of rnb/folk/pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt59aWZadBY&list=PLxA687tYuMWjJcW1_73I4n4_is5MCyE5z

Favorite track: Wanna Quit All the Time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqu4qnv32Yw

Favorite tracks from previous albums: Room Temperature, Right Side of My Neck, Say It Now, Better Distractions

Ethan Verderber

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2024 2:53 pm    

I agree. When I tell people my age about the pedal steel I usually ask if they listen to Faye Webster. The songs that you listed are some of the most promising examples I know of steel guitar being not only in contemporary mainstream music but being in the foreground of the song. I think Faye Webster has the potential to popularize pedal steel as a sound that audiences want to hear.

Thomas de Bourbon

Los Angeles, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2024 3:23 pm    

Ethan Verderber wrote:
I agree. When I tell people my age about the pedal steel I usually ask if they listen to Faye Webster. The songs that you listed are some of the most promising examples I know of steel guitar being not only in contemporary mainstream music but being in the foreground of the song. I think Faye Webster has the potential to popularize pedal steel as a sound that audiences want to hear.
Yoo whats up ethan we're tiktok homies

Tucker Jackson

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2024 8:24 am     Re: Faye Webster new Album (Matt Stoessel)

Thomas de Bourbon wrote:
There isn't much about Faye's music on the forum, which is arguably one of the main forces bringing pedal steel to a young new audience. It's a great mix of rnb/folk/pop.

Agreed. When I mentioned her a couple of years ago to nominate her to a playlist of 'Modern pedal steel songs,' only the OP responded as a fan.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2024 9:57 am    

Always good to know what a young new audience wants to hear from the pedal steel. It is somewhat different from what I wanted when I was part of a young new audience, although Webster’s music is kind of a throwback to Pink Floyd if Jewel was the lead singer and the steel playing is reminiscent of David Gilmour or Daniel Lanois’ tasteful ambient thematic vamping.

Ethan Verderber

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2024 3:15 pm    

Thomas de Bourbon wrote:
Ethan Verderber wrote:
Yoo whats up ethan we're tiktok homies

True haha, I need to post more on tiktok

Mark McConville

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2024 4:53 pm    

He’s a great player! Faye’s songs are great. Glad he’s getting some praise here on the forum.