The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  I am building a pedal steel database. Help is needed!
Ben Waismann

Israel
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2024 1:48 am    

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a unique project called Tunepedia for nearly two years now. It's a vast database dedicated to instruments and music, crafted out of my passion, and operates as a non-profit project.

My love for the pedal steel guitar has inspired me to begin with a comprehensive database of pedal steel models and their manufacturers. However, navigating through the various model names some companies use can be quite challenging, so I'm seeking assistance to help categorize and add those entities. The task itself is straightforward, thanks to the user-friendly editor on the site.

While I am offering payment for your time, please note that as this is a personal investment, the compensation might be modest, but very fair!

Currently, the website allows adding artists and displaying their gear and projects. A goal is to eventually list all notable players/artists and detail the exact gear and instruments they use. This functionality is already in place, as demonstrated by a test page I created for Bucky Baxter.

Picture file

I genuinely believe in the potential of this project and would be thrilled if anyone is interested in collaborating to enrich our database with all steel guitar models and manufacturers. I promise that it is gonna be fun!

If you're interested, please let me know, and I'll get in touch.

Many thanks,
Ben