The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Case - Single Neck - New -SOLD
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2024 9:50 am    

I messed up while building a case for a 12 string steel that I built a few months ago. I didn't allow quite enough room for the covering to roll around the edges and the lining retainers, so it is about 1/4" too short for my guitar. The covering is tough speaker carpeting, and the lining is crushed velvet.

Here are the dimensions:

Inside the guitar body compartment - 8 3/4" x 33 7/8"

Depth - 5" plus 1 1/4" in lid

Pedal bar compartment - 3 3/8" x 33 7/8"

Pedal bar compartment depth - same as guitar body compartment.

Weight - 15#-6oz.

The price is $165 plus actual Fedex Ground shipping unless you want to pick it near Paris, Texas. I do accept Paypal.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Last edited by Darvin Willhoite on 10 Apr 2024 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2024 12:46 pm    

If my old friend Darvin built it, it will be immaculate whatever it is.

He being an engineer, I'm actually quite surprised that he miscalculated by as much as a 1/4 inch! Very Happy

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2024 7:54 pm    

Hey Herb, I hope you are doing well. It's embarrassing to admit that I messed up, but those things seem to happen more and more the older I get. I have a one track mind that is easily de-railed.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Dave Grafe

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2024 8:50 am    

That's a very nice case, but I don't see any blocking in the bottom to keep the changers and tuners suspended. It appears the guitar just lies on its face directly on the bottom of the case. Am I missing something in the photos?

Otherwise it would fit my Desert Rose S10 nicely.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2024 9:18 am    

Dave, I didn't put any blocking in it because it would need to be different for every guitar and could be added later. I use closed cell foam to make the blocks and cover them with the same crushed velvet to match the lining. If someone can give me thickness and a location, I would be happy to add them.

Dave Grafe

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2024 4:53 pm    

That makes sense

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2024 7:57 pm    

This case is still available. I'll be at the Texas show in case someone would want to pick it up and save the shipping.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2024 7:43 pm    

Still available.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2024 7:23 pm    

Bump to the top, still available.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2024 8:48 am    

To the top - lower price.

Roland Scholl

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2024 1:16 pm    

PM sent

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2024 7:15 pm    

This case is sold.