The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MosValve/TubeWorks RT-2100 combo amp $400 + S/H
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2024 2:51 pm    

2 channel amp w/sep. eq sections clean/overdrive.

Great little versatile mono combo amp w/2 12ax7s in the preamp. Eminence 12" ceramic speaker. These are getting hard to find. I also have a head only version that I'm keeping and putting this combo up for sale.

90s era BK Butler MosValve/Tubeworks RT2100 amp. 2 ea. 12ax7s, 4 stage preamp. MOSFET Solid State, conventional transformer power section.

100 watt output plus a separate 15 watt amp driving the reverb circuit. If you want more sound, you can plug an additional 8 ohm cabinet in the ext. jack.

This amp is essentially a mono version of the MV982 amp and the RT922 preamp with a long tank 9AB1C1B Accutronics reverb pan all in the same unit. Reverb circuit based on Fender's design and is similar to the rackmount Real Tube reverb unit circuit.

FX loop with mix control on front panel, footswitch jacks, ext speaker jack and line out. See photos.

It's a mono 2 channel amp with a stack feature that, using a footswitch, lets you put the clean [green] channel through the drive [red] channel, so essentially 3 channels. Eq and volume controls for both channels plus a global master volume control.

Some of these controls exhibit scratchy noise typical of these MosValve units but no cutouts and clean up with a few rotations. Perhaps a little Deoxit might be in order.

The clean channel is sweet...and clean as it gets... and it's loud! It seems with the guitar if I push it really hard I think I hear some compression on that channel.

The drive channel can be cleaned up, edgy or pretty gritty. If you kick on the stack feature, it can get really gritty and @ 100 watts, it'll curl your hair and maybe cut your toenails!

I have a brand new Neewer footswitch that I will include, but you'll need a 1/4 TRS cable that's not included. Footswitch has leds, but they do not work with this amp.
A footswitch must be used to select the Drive [red] channel alone, otherwise the amp's channel switch only selects the clean channel or the stacked channels. This is not what the manuals say, but that's the way they work. My head amp behaves the same way.

Eminence 12997 8 ohm 12" driver that works just fine. It's the factory installed speaker. The original yellow TubeWorks label has been peeled and scratched off.

These amps really like Black Widow 1201s or 1203s both for guitar and steel. I would imagine the Telonics, TT's etc. neo speakers would shine as well plus save a little weight.

Amp weighs about 42# with the stock speaker, more or less, on my cheap bathroom scale. Compact size. Dims are app. 19 1/2 tall x 18 1/2 W x 11 D at the thickest point.

Great little compact amps for 2 instruments or for just clean and overdrive tones.

Amp cabinet is in very good condition with a few hardware scuffs. The covering is genuine Ozite material that is very durable and does not pill.

No print manual, but have links to an online version. I can also point to some youtube demos with guitar.

Asking my cost $400 plus shipping. It cost me $65 delivered from Dallas if that's any indication. I only accept money orders. Reasonable offers considered.

Sales to verified forum members only shipping in conus.

Due to obscene freight costs, prefer a local or regional meet sale with preference given to such a transaction.

Contact me through the forum PM feature for details and questions.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2024 6:53 am    

Pretty nice little 2 channel mono combo amp. Clean tones are very sweet.

Consider reasonable offers.

I have either a BW 1201-8 or a BW 1203-8 I can swap into the amp for an additional $75.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2024 8:08 am    

🎸🎶