The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sierra Session S-10 For Sale
David Blanchard

Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2024 12:48 pm    

I will be selling a Sierra S-10 with case here shortly. I have been asked by a very close friends' widow to help sell his instruments and have been lurking on this forum for a while. I believe this is the kind of place and people my friend Bill would have liked to see his steel go to. I apologize right at the get-go that what I know about pedal steels is very limited but I will try to answer questions to the best of my ability. What I do know is that Bill could make that steel sing! Don't know if it was the steel or Bill's talent, maybe a bit of both. It may be evident but I am a little emotional as I type this as I remember playing with him and looking across the stage and seeing Bill's great big smile as he played.

I live in Klamath Falls, Oregon and the steel is here. I would like to sell the guitar without shipping it as I don't think I am up to the packing and all but might consider it. However, I might be inclined to drive as far as Portland, OR or Sacramento CA. to meet up with the buyer if you could cover the costs.

I will post pictures as soon as I take some and the tuning he used. Remember that this sale is for the benefit of Bill's widow so no low-balling please. There is a red Low-rider seat in excellent condition for sale also.

Edit:
Here are the pictures and I found the tuning is E9th. It has three pedals and four knee levers. The asking price of $2995 is for the steel, case, and the chair. Payment can be made by cash, check (once cleared), or PayPal. You can contact me by email or PM and we can exchange phone numbers.

Last edited by David Blanchard on 16 Mar 2024 8:24 pm; edited 5 times in total

Elias Quirino

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2024 1:05 pm     To The Top

Hello friend,

As more ads are posted selling their pedal steel guitars, it pushes your ad further down the the list of ads. When you want your ad to go back to the top of the ad list, you post a reply to your ad with "TTT" AKA TO THE TOP. Hope this helps. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It is a very admirable thing you are doing by helping his widowed wife. Best of luck with selling his items. Eli

Ryan Olson

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2024 2:20 pm    

Hi David,

I send my condolences for the loss of your friend. I may be interested and would love to see more pictures of your friend's Sierra. I live in Northern NV and I am a student at the University of Nevada, Reno.

You picked the right place to list such a guitar. It will find a good home here.

Don't limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
'73 MSA Sidekick 1x3
'74 Sho-Bud Pro II 5x8

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2024 2:57 pm     Re: Sierra S-10 For Sale

David Blanchard wrote:
I will be selling a Sierra S-10 with case here shortly.

Since scams are becoming more and more prevalent, leaving your email in a post is usually discouraged here. I would just say be very careful of people with fishy stories, and strange ways of wanting to pay. Just have your radar set on high. People communicate here with private messages or email sent through the forum without the address being left on the postings.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

David Blanchard

Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2024 8:22 pm     Sierra S-10

TTT Please