Tom Spaulding

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2023 7:25 pm    

TEXAS COUNTRY

Last edited by Tom Spaulding on 23 Dec 2023 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2023 7:46 pm    

This is going to be so good! Paul’s understanding and playing of this style is just the best! Paul has been and still is the premiere pedal steel virtuoso of our era!
Bravo!

Franklin

Post  Posted 28 Dec 2023 4:16 pm    

Tommy,

Thanks for your kind words. Just trying to keep up with you. Have a killer 2024!!!

To anyone interested...
I am very happy with this course...When I taught West Coast Country It had to be a snapshot into the aggressive attitudes created by Mooney, Norm, Brumley, Jay Dee and others who recorded on Buck and Merle's early stuff. They created the vocabulary with a unique attitude which defined that Bakersfield sound.

Now with the release of Texas Country..I had to take a more in depth study into the totality of how the steel was played in the 60's to create the emotions contributing to that golden era of steel development.

There was so much in Texas Country I had to teach...All of the differences are explored. The differences between each player plus the way they developed the proper attitudes was far more diverse than West Coast Country...As the player, I knew the
60's generation Buddy, Day, Lloyd, Weldon, Drake, and Rugg all had subtle signatures that had to be followed for the record to sound authentic to that time period. The way the first generation played the same string moves to sound unique to their style are so important to learn.

I am proud to pass on this stuff. It is within the nuances they chose that made their musical ideas touch our hearts...This course is far more than an outline of how the licks are played. Beyond how the intros and solos are played, Texas Country teaches how players should and can vary the instruments emotional outcome for each song...

I learned my nuance skills from the first generation pioneers. Texas Country allows me to share those meaningful skills with you!

I hope everyone has a fantastic 2024!

Paul Franklin