The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Newman presets on Peterson
Dave Hepworth

West Yorkshire, UK
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2023 7:28 am    

Hi all ,
When I tune the lower G# to A pull using the sweetened tuning it is flat especially as you go further up the neck .I have deliberately made sure the bar is parallel with the fret .Any suggestions?

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2023 7:33 am    

Are you tuning with both A and B pedals pressed? if not try to tune with both pressed.

Dave Hepworth

West Yorkshire, UK
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2023 7:48 am    

Thanks Jack .Never occurred to me !!I will also do this with open E strings and AB deployed to get the Es in.

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2023 8:08 am    

I think.
There are one set of presets for open strings and another for pedals and levers.
My understanding is OE9 is for pedals up and the Es are sharp. SE9 is for pedals down tuning the Es.

It is always good to double check and find what you like best. I use the U12 and U12P.
Mileage may vary.

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2023 10:10 am    

I've had a StroboPlusHD for just two months, and using SE9/SP9. Jack, thanks for the "A+B down together" tip!

My understanding is that SE9 is for open strings, SP9 for pedals and levers.

It's the same Open/Pedals arrangement for SE9/SP9, OE9/OP9, and EM9/EP9, each pair having their own unique set of sweetened offsets.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2023 11:23 am    

Dan Robinson wrote:
I've had a StroboPlusHD for just two months, and using SE9/SP9. Jack, thanks for the "A+B down together" tip!

My understanding is that SE9 is for open strings, SP9 for pedals and levers.

It's the same Open/Pedals arrangement for SE9/SP9, OE9/OP9, and EM9/EP9, each pair having their own unique set of sweetened offsets.

My JE9 and JK9 can be downloaded. JE9 combines SE9 and SP9 into one program (all except the 4th string F# raise which is in JKL). JE9 also has several common changes such as first string G# that wasn't included in the 40 year old Newman charts. There is also my JC6 for C6th that combines the Newman opens and pedal/knees into one.

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2023 3:35 pm    

Thanks, Jack. I would love to do that.
I purchased my tuner used from a forum member. I can't use Peterson's configuration tool because the device is paired with his product registration. I sent a message to Peterson to see if there is a work around.