The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Dear Musician brother Tom (slim) Lattimer Passed away.
LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2023 6:14 am    

My dear longtime dear Musician Brother Steel Guitarist "Tom (Slim) Lattimer " Passed away last night. Crying or Very sad

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2023 5:06 pm     Steel Guitarist Tom (Slim) Lattimer Viewing Funeral Service.

Steel Guitarist Musician " Tom (Slim) Lattimer's" Viewing service is at 10am at Hillgenfeld Mortuary Chapel <> 120 East Broadway, Anaheim, Calif. 92805 July 24th,2023. Funeral 1pm. Tom (Slim) Lattimer was the Original Founder with me (Leo J Eiffert,Jr) of our PIGEON Band & the Band Logo. Tom & I (Leo) also put together the Pigeons Tribute to September 9 / 11 organized by both of us. I was a Unique tribute to the heroes and Victims. Tom (Slim) Lattimer was once the Chairman and President of the California Country Music Association with Gary Murray. We also did an on KTYM am 1460 Radio Station interview about our 9 / 11 on 8/14/2002. RIP Tom (Slim) Lattimer. Crying or Very sad

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2023 2:46 pm    

So sorry to hear this, Leo. Tom was a student of mine when I still lived in the L.A. area. Very nice guy. Know the cause of death? Hope you're well, my friend.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2023 4:09 am    

Thanks John I am well and I hope the same for you. Tom's Lungs gave out on him. I will Mention that you got him started on the Steel Guitar Monday at his Honor Funeral. That is how I First met him because of you. Thanks.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2023 7:47 pm    

I let everybody know who you are John McClung at Tom (Slim) Lattimer's funeral this morning 7/24/2023. I did his song he once said to me to do at his Funeral. Little did I Know. I did it called " I just took a trip to HEAVEN ". RIP my brother Musician Tom. Crying or Very sad

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2023 10:26 am    

Thanks for the mention, Leo. Tom was one of my earliest steel students, super nice guy (and tall!), hard to believe I've outlived a student.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2023 3:55 am    

Because of you John McClung that's how Tom (Slim) and I became dear longtime Musician Brother and his Family. That's how I told the story, Because of you. May God Bless you & your family that I know. SW F

Lee Dassow

Jefferson, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2023 6:38 am    

My sincere condolences LJ. Tenn.Lee
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2023 6:18 pm    

My condolences to you Leo