The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone using Zoom MS-70cd pedal
Ben Godard

Jamesville NC
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2023 3:36 pm    

Any of you Steelers out there use or ever used a Zoom MS-70cd pedal. It is a nice pedal but I’m not very fond of the presets. I am hoping someone out there has some patches of there own they can share with me

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2023 6:45 pm    

I use the MS-70CDR and the MS-50G. Factory presets are something I don’t use so can’t share. However, I can say that the effects are all fine quality and the behave much like the originals. The trick for me is to customize the various effects - keeping it to 4-6 “scenarios”: like Fast Tremolo, Slow Tremolo, a mild Chorus, Fast Leslie, Long Delay, Normal delay, etc. Each setting may have Reverb, Delay, compression and EQ in varying degrees. Scrolling through more than that is awkward so it’s best to keep it simple.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2023 8:49 am    

I don’t have it, but I share your pain with multi-fx factory presets. With Boss units, I just skip them all and go straight to the Users section and start tweaking effects one at a time before seeing how they interact with each other. Like K said, experiment with both subtle nuance and more drastic in-your-face settings. As with any effect, start with good basic tone on your amp. All the reverb in the world won’t fix crappy amp tone😎

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2023 4:35 pm    

It’s been my primary effects unit for years now. The problem comes with writing and changing programs. Take out the magnifying glass and follow the instructions to remember how to program it. Far more complicated than the Boss, Roland, or Peavey units. I programmed two patches I like and left it alone. Been happy ever since. Small pedal with great sounding stereo effects!

Brad Richard

Chisago City, Minnesota
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2023 5:28 am    

I'm with David on this. I had one and the effects were great, but it was so difficult to program (for me) I sold it. I've got other Zoom pedals I really like and wanted to like that one. Just too difficult for my poor, ol' head.

Mike Spaeth

Springdale, Arkansas
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2023 5:50 pm    

Ive used the MS70 CDR for several years now. It's my main effect unit.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2023 6:10 am    

Hi Ben,
I’ve been using one for several years now. There is a learning curve, but once that is down, it does a great job with high quality effects. Plus the small package is convenient.
Reverb
Reverb/chorus
Reverb/delay
Reverb/phase

I’ll see if I can help.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2023 5:56 pm    

Brad Richard wrote:
I'm with David on this. I had one and the effects were great, but it was so difficult to program (for me) I sold it. I've got other Zoom pedals I really like and wanted to like that one. Just too difficult for my poor, ol' head.

I'm with Brad on this. I have the MS-50G, and the way you program and recall settings just seemed illogical to me, and I can never remember the backwards way to do anything. Probably sell the sucker soon, it's wasting away in its box in my gear closet! Hanging out with a Line 6 PodXT, an old plastic BOSS multieffect unit, and god knows what else...

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2023 6:45 am    

There is many tutorials on YouTube