The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Band Opening for Gethen Jenkins, Vacaville, 7-21-23
David Wren

Placerville, California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2023 7:16 pm    

My band, The Hill Country Truckers will be opening a theatre concert with Gethen Jenkins and his band on July 21st. The venue is the JourneyDowntown Theatre (the old Theatre DeVille).

I hear this older theater has been completely renovated for live music shows.... and I am so looking forward to this performance.

My understanding is SoCal steeler Brandon Conway will be in Gethen's band. If you haven't had the pleasure yet, he is such a nice person, and great picker!

David Wren

Placerville, California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2023 6:39 pm    

What fun, this gig is getting so close now.

If you are in Northern California, but not close to Vacaville, the next day 7-22, my band is playing the Shasta County Melon Festival in Anderson, CA.

If you come to either of these events, be sure to come and say "Hi", I love to meet new steelers!