The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Kemper Profiler for Pedal Steel is working out GREAT
Tim Harr

Dunlap, Illinois
Post  Posted 29 May 2023 3:12 pm    

I bought a powered Kemper Profiler (toaster) to use with all of my instruments. In addition to one of the busiest "real" country bands in Central IL, I also play a lot of musical theater gigs. A typical musical theater gig could have me using, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Banjo, and Ukulele...all in the same show. The Kemper now allows me to use all these instruments without taking multiple pedal boards, amps, etc, etc... One rig for all axes. Each instrument has its own (sometimes multiple) patches specifically suited for that type of instrument.

At the theaters, I am running the Kemper straight to the FOH board without any cabinet. I use the monitors provided by the sound company. Works great.

With the live band (PSG, Tele, Dobro), I am using one PF-350 cabinet to monitor myself, at a low level. The cab is actually facing me from the front.

I got ahold of some great amp profiles that are working great. Tons of headroom and tone to the bone. Also, I am running a Black Box and Tuner in front of the Steel.

The reverb and delays in this thing are far superior to any unit I have ever used. I have two Strymon units on my other rig pedalboard. They pale in comparison to the Kemper effects.

When on break, I shift the Kemper to the Tuner from Performance mode. Acts as a great signal mute.

Mullen G2 D-10 (9p/5k)
Retired, US Army Band (Steel/Dobro/Guitar)
Kemper Profiler / LW 89