The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1956 best i can tell Fender Lap Steel for sale
John French

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2023 10:10 am    

I have what I believe to be a 1956 Fender Lab Steel for sale. This was owned by a friend of mine. When he had to go to assisted living he got it out and tried to play it. The volume button was not working and when you plug the chord in it would cut on and off. I offered to have it fixed. Here is what was done to the guitar.
1. All the tuner knobs disintegrated so they were all replace. The volume and tone knobs were fixed. I have the original POTS that came out of the guitar. The loose connection was fixed. Hopefully I can add them in the photo. The pickup WAS NOT changed. A cool this about the pickup is it is a microphone that you can actually talk through if you get low enough to the guitar. That was wild. All the work was completed by Mark Lavelle who is a very respected luthier that does work for folks from all over the country.

I know there is the price of what the lap steel is worth and I know that there is price that folks are willing to pay. I do not have a set price in mind because I am nt way and epert on these guitars so here are my thoughts. I thing this guitar is probably worth $1500 if that is the case, I will take any offer over $1000. If you experts can tell me what the guitar is acutually worth, then I will adjust my price accordingly. I will be cruising Alaska until June 13. I will be in the states until Monday and will respond with any questions you may have. Thank you,
John

John French

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2023 10:34 am     1956 fender lap steel email address

You can reach me through my email at
kdtfrench@yahoo.com

I will answer any questions or provide any pictures that you need.

thanks,
John

Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 27 May 2023 5:28 am    

Moved from Steel Without Pedals to For Sale:Steel Guitars.

Good luck with the sale!

Chance Wilson

California, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2023 7:13 am    

This is a 1950 Champion as indicated by the slotted screws and 1949 pots. There's a few other features unique to these early ones but they aren't visible in the pictures. Very nice and good luck with your sale.