The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TC Furlong Sesh 400 stomp box
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2023 12:31 pm    

Thanks. Yes, I've been there to www.tcfurlongcustom.com . Details & pics, but no way to order.

If I decide to order one, I guess I'll just contact him via the "Contact Us" app.

Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2023 1:18 pm    

The last I saw, somewhere, he posted that he sold out of his first batch, and will be building more…

Last edited by Danny Naccarato on 20 Apr 2023 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2023 1:26 pm    

Danny Naccarato wrote:
The last I saw, someone, he posted that he sold out of his first batch, and will be building more…

Ah. That would/could explain the absence of a 'BUY' button.

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 1 May 2023 2:53 pm    

You can register with TC in order to get a notification when the next batch is ready to go !! Very Happy
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 1 May 2023 3:19 pm    

Paddy Long wrote:
You can register with TC in order to get a notification when the next batch is ready to go !! :D

Yep. I got a notification that a new batch is coming along.

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 28 May 2023 5:49 pm    

Love my Sesh!! Been recording direct with it and it’s wonderful! I have a small Telonics 12” cab with a Furlong 12” in it and a Jay Ganz power amp and sounds amazing, and is only in the mid 20 lbs. TC nailed this one and Jay has the perfect compliment to it !

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2023 3:26 pm     Yep

Love mine!It’s got that sweet sound we
all know and love!

SH

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2023 1:01 pm    

I'm considering this to put in front of my TubeWorks RT2100 100W head or combo amps. The TWs have a great guitar tone and pretty good for steel with the SE70, but I can't seen to find that sweet middle for steel that I got with the big component Mosvalve/Tubeworks stereo rig.

It's a sizeable investment for me comparable to one of the actual older Peavey Session amps, so I'm not sure if it's going to be a viable aquisition for me.

Also, for guys like me that like a 2 channel amp for 2 instruments, a true bypass switch to punch it in and out of a combo amp input would be nice for switching between instruments such as guitar and steel.

Any comments?

Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2023 6:00 am    

You’ll love it. If not, you’ll have no problem selling it

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2023 11:28 am    

I may consider it later...probably not a concern for steel only players, but it would certainly be more appealing to me if there was a simple way to bypass it. I wouldn't want the same settings for guitar as steel....and I don't use a pedal board but could probably mount a leg clip easy enough.

I suppose I could ask TC about a bypass circuit if and when I get ready for one.

Sounds like a good method for getting the old Session tones in other amps for steel.

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 12 Jun 2023 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Paddy Long

Post  Posted 11 Jun 2023 2:37 pm    

John Macy, which Jay Ganz power amp are using in your Telonics cabinet ?? sounds like the perfect combo :-}

Paddy

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2023 2:50 pm    

Whatever the latest version is as he just built them for me.

Bruce Bouton

Nash. Tn USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2023 5:10 am    

I love this thing! What's incredible is that I've had an early Furlong powered cab , that I hadn't used for a decade, siting in my basement. I plugged the sesh pedal into it and the sky opened up.
Tone for days.

Ron Funk

Ballwin, Missouri
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2023 5:15 am    

Post Posted 25 Mar 23 6:32pm

Hi there T.C. -

Would a "hot set-up" be to combine this new product with a TC Furlong SPLIT?

Best regards
Ron

BB -
"We have a Winner"

Ron

T. C. Furlong

Lake County, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2023 3:26 pm    

Hi Ron,
Yes, it's a hot setup according to Bruce Bouton and that's pretty much all I need to hear Smile I've heard sesh.400 through a variety of power and speaker combinations. It is exceptional sounding in all configurations. I am partial to a SPLIT CB12 or VB12. A lot of care went into that design. If anyone has a question about their intended amp and speaker, I've probably listened to it with a sesh.400. Post here or PM me. I'm happy to offer my opinion.
Also, we're getting very close to shipping again. The supply chain issues plus the fact that I refuse to change or substitute any part is why things are being held up.
Thanks to everyone for all of the nice comments. TC

Paddy Long

Post  Posted 12 Jun 2023 7:53 pm    

Thanks John Macy -- just been chatting to Jay and I have his latest "Straight Ahead" power amp on order in 240v :-}
Appreciate the heads up mate.

C. Eric Banister

Scottsburg, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2023 6:29 am    

I predominately play direct and I gather from a couple of posts that this would be possible with the Sesh.400. Is this correct? (From Sesh to DI to board)

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2023 6:21 am    

Update: Just went to T.C.’s website and placed/paid for my Sesh…

Last edited by Carl Williams on 30 Jul 2023 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2023 2:58 pm    

Got mine yesterday. Time has been very limited but in the couple of hours I've spent --

The way that I play and the roles that I fill in the various bands and small groups I'm involved with, I do not want to give up my Quilter. I cover a lot of sonic ground (most certainly including straight traditional PSG) and fill various roles and I use stomp boxes and Quilter channel switching to get there.
I think....this will take some deeper evaluation....I think that I really like the sound of the Sesh into the front end of the Quilter. Obvious not what TC had in mind, going into another preamp, but I'm hearing levels of detail and "3D" depth, for lack of better description, that makes the bypassing of the Sesh feel drab and flat. This is going to take some time. I need to see if I can live with it being an 'always on' pedal (because it is) or if I want to put it in a switchable loop. I need to see how it behaves with other pedals on the pedalboard and if it wants anything in front of it, after it...whatever. It really seems to provide a sort of depth of tone -- smoother highs, tangy lows that still have some thump (but without the boom & mud) and of course the tunable mids.

Pretty cool first impressions.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2023 3:12 pm    

Jon Light wrote:
I need to see if I can live with it being an 'always on' pedal (because it is) or if I want to put it in a switchable loop.....

As you progress and evaluate, I'd be interested to get your thoughts on bypassing the unit if/as needed. I use a standard 6 string guitar with an A/B switcher in the same amp front end/preamp with the steel, so I, for sure, would need to bypass this unit when playing just guitar v. steel. Since a bypass circuit is not included, I'd need to find an alternate means.

Realizing this is a new baby for you, I don't expect any immediate comments, evaluation etc. Just if and as you feel like passing along any thoughts on that and your honest evaluation of this unit overall. Thanks.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2023 3:24 pm    

I do expect this evaluation to take some time including probably a gig or two to get a taste of real world usage. But yes, I certainly intend to follow up with how the bypass issue goes. This is what I'll use:

Danny Sherbon

San Angelo, TX
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2023 5:50 pm    

I got TC Furlong’s Sesh 400 and paired it with a little Carvin Micro bass amp and a Boss DD. In my music room it sounds great and I have a bit more tweaking to do with the amp.
This Sesh 400 definitely has a PV amp sound. This pedal was a brilliant idea and should become very popular.
The whole thing is less than a foot wide and 8”s tall. A great sound in a small footprint.
You should give this pedal some serious consideration.

Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2023 8:45 am    

I had a gig last week in a venue in Philly, popular room, but stage upstairs (20 foot ceilings, so lots of stairs) I was with the opening act and we we're only playing 40 minutes, so I opted to bring my Sesh 400 and a single muti effects pedal and go out of them into a Countryman direct box into the house. Had my own wedge. Sounded great and I was a happy camper that I only had to make one trip up the stairs.

Jeremy Moyers

Lubbock, TX
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2023 5:17 am    

I got mine yesterday and played with it for a few hours. It had been a while since I had played through my old session 400 or LTD amps, so it took a minute to remember how the eq section works on these preamps, but after a few minutes I had it dialed in and sounding great! Really loving this thing! Now just waiting on my Jay Ganz power amp!

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2023 5:56 am    

I would love to hear some sound samples from those who are using this with their setup. There is do many small options available and we tend to jump at the latest trends. Thanks