The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SOLD 17 TAB Books of Country Blues, Ragtime & Cake Walks
Ryan Matzen

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2023 11:16 am    

SOLD

17 Great TAB Books of Country Blues, Ragtime, and Cake Walks for Guitar!
*Each book includes digital online audio.

These books are from my personal collection. They were all purchased new, and then stored away in a cabinet. They are all in unread condition. I had purchased these for my retirement. Unfortunately, I need to pay some unexpected medical bills. I paid over $450 for these. You can get yourself a great deal on some awesome like-new books written by Stefan Grossman, John Miller, Remi Balsacq and Ben Gateno.

Ragtime Blues Guitar of Blind Boy Fuller
Guitar of Blind Lemon Jefferson
The Guitar of Mississippi John Hurt - The Rediscovery Years
Hillbilly Fingerstyle Blues Guitar
Texas Fingerstyle Blues Guitar
East Coast Fingerstyle Blues
Mississippi Fingerstyle Blues Guitar 1926–1959
John Miller's Country Blues Guitar Collection
Stomping 'Em Along Slow
Legendary Country Blues Guitar Solos
Somebody's Been Playing With That Thing - Ragtime Blues Guitar
Legendary Fingerstyle Guitar Solos - Jazz, Blues & Ragtime 1923 – 1951
Fun On The Frets - Blues, Stomps, Novelty Songs & Classic Rags
Rare Instrumental Treasures from the playing of Rev. Gary Davis
Fingerstyle Ragtime Guitar - Ragtime Blues to the Classic Rags
Cake Walks & Two-Step Marches arranged for Fingerstyle Guitar
Cake Walks & Classic Rags for Fingerstyle Guitar

$350 takes all and includes CONUS shipping!

Guitar of Blind Lemon Jefferson
Blind Lemon Jefferson was a trail blazer, both as a singer and guitarist, but also as a commercial phenomenon, for he was the first blues musician to establish the tremendous appeal that blues, as played and sung by rural African-American folk, had for the record-buying public. It is no exaggeration to say that the sales of Lemon’s records paved the way for a host of other solo rural blues musicians to record in his wake, and made the record companies more willing to give other musicians a chance, in the hopes of achieving similar success.
Lemon’s record sales weren’t what made him a great musician, though - that could only be attributed to his startlingly virtuosic guitar - playing and soulful singing, developed over years of busking, building on his natural gifts with a great deal of practice and work. In The Guitar of Blind Lemon Jefferson author John Miller presents transcriptions, in standard notation and tablature, of 22 of Lemon’s greatest performances, with an additional essay examining Lemon’s senses of time and phrasing and his picking techniques. Also included is a download link to all the original recordings.
To present a picture of Lemon the man, noted blues researchers Alan Governar and Kip Lornell have contributed an essay focusing on Lemon’s early life, the origins of his music, and his time spent in a musical partnership with Lead Belly. Links are provided to downloadable performances of the songs in the book from which the transcriptions were made, so that you can have Lemon’s sound in your head as you learn to play his songs.
Blind Lemon Jefferson was remarkable, even in a style that abounded in great musicians, and some measure of his influence can be seen in the fact that musicians recorded in the 1960s, more than thirty years after his death, were still covering his songs and stealing guitar licks from him. The Guitar of Blind Lemon Jefferson gives you the resources needed to learn what was so special about Lemon’s music, and to experience his musical excellence from inside the music itself.
Titles include: One Dime Blues, Got The Blues, Dry Southern Blues, Big Night Blues, Rabbit Foot Blues, Shuckin' Sugar Blues, Where Shall I Be, Wartime Blues, Black Horse Blues, Prison Cell Blues, Piney Woods Money Mama, See That My Grave Is Kept Clean, He Arose From The Dead, Beggin' Back, Broke And Hungry, Bad Luck Blues, Matchbox Blues, Lemon's Worried Blues, That Crawlin' Baby Blues, Easy Rider Blues, Stocking Feet Blues and Right of Way Blues
Level 2/3 • 160 pages • Direct download link to audio files

Ragtime Blues Guitar of Blind Boy Fuller
Blind Boy Fuller was one of the most recorded artists of his time and by far the most popular and influential Piedmont blues player of all time. He recorded his substantial body of work over a short, six-year span. He played in multiple styles: blues, ragtime, and slide, which were all enhanced by his National steel guitar.With songs brimming with wit and soulfulness, his strikingly original and energetic guitar arrangements have been inspirational to countless guitarists ever since. In this collection, 38 of Fuller’s arrangements are accurately transcribed in standard music notation and tablature. This is a completely revised, edited and expanded version of my previous Blind Boy Fuller book.
Titles include:
KEY OF C Meat Shakin’ Woman, Piccolo Rag, Get Your Yas Yas Out, Truckin’ My Blues Away, My Brownskin Sugar Plum, You Never Can Tell, Baby I Don’t Have To Worry, Jivin’ Woman Blues, (I Got A Woman Crazy For Me) She’s Funny That Way

KEY OF G Baby, Quit Your Low Down Ways, Screaming And Crying Blues, Jitterbug Rag, Mama Let Me Lay It On You, Evil Hearted Woman, I Crave My Pigmeat, Keep Away From My Woman
KEY OF E Sweet Honey Hole Blue And Worried Man, Why Don’t My Baby Write To Me
KEY OF D Painful Hearted Man, Crooked Woman Blues, Working Man Blues
KEY OF A Black And Tan, Stingy Mama, Corrine, What Makes You Treat Me So?, Weeping Willow, Untrue Blues, Thousand Woman Blues, Walking My Troubles Away, Lost Lover Blues, Worn Out Engine Blues, I’m a Rattlesnakin’ Daddy, Bulldog Blues, Looking For My Woman, Ain’t No Gettin’ Along, Careless Love, Georgia Ham Mama, Somebody’s Been Playing With That Thing
Level 2/3 •152 pages • Audio download of the original Blind Boy Fuller recordings

The Guitar of Mississippi John Hurt - The Rediscovery Years
When John Hurt was rediscovered in 1963, he was presented with a very rare opportunity to expand and re-write his musical legacy, late in life. And he did just that, recording over seventy songs previously unrecorded by him, adding to the repertoire of thirteen titles he had recorded in 1928. In The Guitar of Mississippi John Hurt - The Rediscovery Years, John Miller focuses on performances that John Hurt recorded in between 1963 and his death in 1966, presenting transcriptions of 24 of those performances. The richness and variety of John Hurt's music is showcased in these songs, with everything from low-down blues in E to raggy numbers in C to waltzes in D featured.
Transcriptions are provided in TAB and standard notation, lyrics for all of the songs are provided, and where verse accompaniments are provided in the transcriptions, indications are given to show where the vocal sits relative to the accompaniment. Audio clips of Mississippi John Hurt playing each transcribed song are available via a download link.
If you're a fan of Mississippi John Hurt's music, The Guitar of Mississippi John Hurt - The Rediscovery Years will give you the most complete collection of his later performances available anywhere.
Titles include: Got The Blues, Can't Be Satisfied, Make Me A Pallet On Your Floor, Coffee Blues, Trouble, I've Had It All My Days, Moanin' The Blues, If You Don't Want Me Baby, Shake That Thing, I Shall Not Be Moved, Casey Jones, Salty Dog, Nobody Cares For Me, Let The Mermaids Flirt With Me, Hop Joint, Lazy Blues, Stockwell, Keep On Knocking, Hot Time In The Old Town Tonight, Cow Hooking Blues, Waiting For You, Funky Butt, Poor Boy, Long Ways From Home, I Been Crying Since You Been Gone, I'm Satisfied and Joe Turner Blues
Level 2 • 136 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

Hillbilly Fingerstyle Blues Guitar
The musical appeal of the Blues, as they began to be heard in the early twentieth century, was so infectious that musicians with open minds and ears were drawn to it as soon as they heard it. And that appeal crossed the racial and ethnic divides that characterized American society. So it was, that even before African American guitarists were recorded playing fingerstyle blues guitar, their white neighbors had already begun learning the music-listening to, watching and imitating the musicians whose music they so admired. And what these white musicians ended up expressing in their own playing and singing was not simply imitation, but their own reconfiguration of what their models did, played in accordance with their own senses of rhythm, phrasing and how to sing the music.
In Hillbilly Blues Fingerstyle Guitar, author John Miller offers transcriptions, in tablature and standard notation, of twenty-eight pieces by these white fingerstyle blues players, taken from recordings made in the period 1926-1970. Some of the featured musicians in the book, like Sam McGee, Frank Hutchison, Maybelle Carter, Hobart Smith and Roscoe Holcomb are pretty well known, but the tunes by more obscure players like Debs Mays, Lake Howard, or Lester McFarland certainly don't suffer by comparison, and in many instances are spectacular. The pieces have been chosen for variety, too-you'll encounter pieces played in C, E, and A in standard tuning, as well as songs in Open G, Open D tunings and an exotic offshoot of Open G tuning. Downloadable links to all of the original performances from which the transcriptions were made come with the book, so you can get the sound of the tunes in your head.
The musicians in Hillbilly Blues Fingerstyle Guitar gravitated towards the Blues because the music spoke to them so strongly that they felt compelled to make it part of their own musical language. And they did just that. These performances are strong and worthwhile in their own right, but they'll also show you how you can honor those who have inspired you by singing and playing in your own voice. And that's an important lesson to learn.
Titles and Artists included: SAM McGEE Knoxville Blues, Easy Rider, Railroad Blues, Sally Long RILEY PUCKETT Fuzzy Rag FRANK HUTCHISON Worried Blues, Train That Carried The Girl From Town, The Miner's Blues LESTER McFARLAND K. C. Whistle THE CARTER FAMILY John Hardy Was A Desperate Little Ma CLARENCE GREENE Johnson City Blues DICK JUSTICE Brown Skin Blues, Cocaine EMRY ARTHUR She Lied To Me DAVID McCARN Everyday Dirt, Take Them For A Ride DAVID MILLER Jailhouse Rag LARRY HENSLEY Match Box Blues LAKE HOWARD New Chattanooga Mama DEBS MAY Soap Box Blues, Rabbit Blues HOBART SMITH Graveyard Blues, Railroad Bill, K. C. Moan ROSCOE HOLCOMB Mississippi Heavy Water Blues FIELDS WARD Riley And Spencer E.C. BALL Raggin' The Wires, Ain't No Grave Can Hold My Body Down
Level 2/3 • 184 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

Texas Fingerstyle Blues Guitar
The Blues have been a major focus of music in Texas, from the earliest days of commercial recordings right up to the present. And there has been an impressive lineage of great Texas fingerstyle blues guitarists, from Blind Lemon Jefferson, the first Country Blues recording star, to the impassioned singing and unearthly slide guitar of Blind Willie Johnson, on up to the genre-defining sound of Lightnin’ Hopkins and the late-in-life instrumental mastery of Mance Lipscomb. With such a dazzling array of Texas Blues players to choose from, a book devoted to Texas fingerstyle blues guitarists was a natural project to undertake.
Tunes and Artists include: BLIND LEMON JEFFERSON Stocking Feet Blues , Bad Luck Blues, Easy Rider Blues, Right of Way Blues WILLIE REED Texas Blues BLIND WILLIE JOHNSON Let Your Light Shine On Me, Trouble Will Soon Be Over, Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning LITTLE HAT JONES Bye Bye Baby Blues, Kentucky Blues, Rolled From Side to Side Blues FUNNY PAPA SMITH Seven Sisters Blues Part 2, Whiskeyhead Blues SMITH CASEY Shorty George, Santa Fe Blues WALLACE CHAINS My Poor Mother Keeps On, Praying For Me WILLIE LANE Too Many Women Blues LIGHTNIN’ HOPKINS Thunder and Lightning Blues, Death Bells, Crawlin’ Black Snake LIL’ SON JACKSON No Money, No Love, Gambler Blues FRANKIE LEE SIMS Lucy Mae Blues MANCE LIPSCOMB ’Bout A Spoonful, Charlie James, Shorty George, Ain’t You Sorry
Level 2/3 • 152 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

East Coast Fingerstyle Blues
The East Coast, from Florida up to Virginia, gave birth to a vibrant fingerstyle blues tradition, documented on recordings from the mid-1920s up into the 1970s and 1980s. In "East Coast Fingerstyle Blues", John Miller has selected some of the most interesting and exciting recorded performances from that period to present to you, with transcriptions of the performances in TAB and standard notation, lyrics to the songs provided, playing tips that will help you get the songs up and running as soon as possible, and links to the original recorded performances, so that your own playing can be informed by the playing of the masters.
A particular focus of the book is the repertoire of three of the strongest practitioners of East Coast Blues-Buddy Moss, Blind Willie McTell and Blind Boy Fuller. You'll also find two songs each by Luke Jordan and William Moore, a Blind Blake tune and a host of songs from artists who qualify for the designation "talent deserving of wider recognition": Peg Leg Howell, Carl Martin, Floyd Council, Virgil Childers, Sonny Jones, Gabriel Brown, Ralph Willis, Willie Trice and Henry Johnson, many of whose songs are being made available for the first time.
Titles and Artists included: PEG LEG HOWELL Walking Blues LUKE JORDAN Cocaine Blues, If I Call You Mama WILLIAM MOORE Barbershop Rag, Ragtime Millionaire BLIND BLAKE Hard Road Blues BLIND WILLIE McTELL Writin' Paper Blues, Drive Away Blues, Stomp Down Rider CARL MARTIN Old Time Blues BUDDY MOSS Unkind Woman, Some Lonesome Day, Too Doggone Jealous, Baby, You're the One For Me BLIND BOY FULLER I Crave My Pigmeat. Mamie, Walking My Troubles Away, Worn Out Engine FLOYD COUNCIL Runaway Man Blues VIRGIL CHILDERS Dago Blues SONNY JONES Dough Roller GABRIEL BROWN Going My Way RALPH WILLIS Just A Note WILLIE TRICE Good Time Boogie HENRY JOHNSON Crow Jane
Level 2/3 • 144 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

Mississippi Fingerstyle Blues Guitar 1926–1959
Perhaps more than any other state, Mississippi has long been linked with the blues, so much so that Alan Lomax referred to it as The Land Where The Blues Began. From the earliest days of recorded blues, and even before that, Mississippi has always abounded with great fingerstyle blues guitarists. So it was that Mississippi fingerstyle blues guitar was the obvious choice for author John Miller's next book, following up on his earlier releases, East Coast Fingerstyle Blues Guitar and Texas Fingerstyle Blues Guitar.
In Mississippi Fingerstyle Blues Guitar 1926-1959, John Miller has adopted an approach designed to showcase a wide range of the styles of the Mississippi blues guitarists who recorded in the period covered by the book, twenty-seven different guitarists in all, each represented by a single song. And the songs in the book have been selected for variety in the keys and tunings in which the songs were played, too, with a generous helping of songs in four different open tunings as well as songs in D, A, G, E and C in standard tuning. And along with songs by the heavy hitters you'd expect to encounter in such a book - Charlie Patton, Tommy Johnson, Son House, Skip James, Mississippi John Hurt - you'll encounter pieces by more obscure, though no less expert players, people like The Down Home Boys, Mattie Delaney, Frank Evans, Cat-Iron, and Rosa Lee Hill. Each song in the book is preceded by a brief bio of the person who performed it, a discussion of the song with practical playing tips designed to help you bring the transcriptions to life, the song's lyrics, and transcriptions presented in both standard notation and TAB. Plus the book includes sound links to the original recorded versions of all of the songs, so you can get the sound of the songs in your head.
Tunes and Artists include: JIM JACKSON Old Dog Blue THE DOWN HOME BOYS Original Stack O'Lee Blues SAM COLLINS Graveyard Digger's Blues MISSISSIPPI JOHN HURT Blue Harvest Blues BO WEAVIL JACKSON Devil And My Brown Blues WILLIAM HARRIS Bull Frog Blues RUBE LACY Mississippi Jail House Groan ISHMON BRACEY Suitcase Full of Blues MATTIE DELANEY Tallahatchie River Blues GARFIELD AKERS Dough Roller Blues JOE CALLICOTT Fare Thee Well Blues ROBERT WILKINS Get Away Blues CHARLIE PATTON Pea Vine Blues TOMMY JOHNSON Canned Heat Blues SON HOUSE The Pony Blues SKIP JAMES I'm So Glad BO CARTER Pretty Baby EUGENE POWELL Low Down BOOKER WHITE District Attorney Blues BIG JOE WILLIAMS Meet Me Around The Corner TOMMY McLENNAN Whiskey Head Woman ROBERT PETWAY Catfish Blues ARTHUR "BIG BOY" CRUDUP Mean Old Frisco Blues FRANK EVANS French Blues CAT-IRON Jimmy Bell ROSA LEE HILL Faro FRED McDOWELL Drop Down Mama
Level 2/3 • 160 pages • Direct download link to audio files

John Miller's Country Blues Guitar Collection
“In selecting the performances for inclusion in this book, I have tried to get a variety of musical approaches and sounds. There are songs with a very pared-back chordal vocabulary, like Ed Bell's ‘Mean Conductor Blues’ and others, like Bo Carter's ‘Your Biscuits Are Big Enough For Me’ with a sophistication that is jazz-influenced. In addition, I've selected the music of players from a variety of locales, since in the early years of the Country Blues, musical styles were often region-specific; so we have here players from Virginia, the Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas.
Having the audio files with the book that include all the original performances that I used to perform the transcriptions presented here is not only an invaluable learning tool, it offers you the prospect of hours of listening pleasure, as you get acquainted with the songs and get the sound in your head. I can't emphasize enough what an essential part listening plays in learning this style. It provides you with models to shoot for in your own performances of the music, but also a much broader sense of the musical style and all that it encompasses.” – John Miller
Titles include: MISSISSIPPI JOHN HURT Stack O'Lee, Blessed Be The Name, Big Leg Blues ED BELL Mean Conductor Blues FURRY LEWIS I Will Turn Your Money Green, Big Chief Blues MEMPHIS MINNIE Reachin' Pete TOM DICKSON Happy Blues ROBERT WILKINS I Do Blues, I'll Go With Her JULIUS DANIELS 99 Year Blues BLIND BLAKE Doin' A Stretch LUKE JORDAN Church Bells Blues BUDDY MOSS New Lovin' Blues, Insane Blues GEESHIE WILEY Eagle's On A Half TOMMY JOHNSON Slidin' Delta WALTER VINSON Overtime Blues BO CARTER My Baby, Cigarette Blues, Your Biscuits Are Big Enough For Me, Policy Blues OTIS HARRIS You Like My Lovin' LIL' SON JACKSON Groundhog Blues
Level 2/3 • 120 pages • Direct download link to audio files.
***A graphic on the cover states that a CD included. This is a misprint. Digital audio files are available for download. There is not a CD included.

Stomping 'Em Along Slow
This collection presents six legendary blues guitarists from the 1920s to early 1940s. Each has his own unique approach, style and techniques for playing. Some like Rev. Gary Davis favored regular tuning while Josh White was equally at home playing in Open D tuning as well as standard tuning. Lonnie Johnson is unique in his playing techniques as well as use of a D G D G B E tuning. Buddy Moss’s recordings influenced generations of Piedmont guitarist, especially Blind Boy Fuller. Bo Carter had one of the most unusual tonal approaches for playing blues, ragtime and novelty songs. And lastly there is Tommy McClennan. His recordings sound “rough and tumble” but once you explore the intricacies of his playing you will discover a powerful blues guitarists.
Titles and artists included are:
REV. GARY DAVIS Cincinnati Flow Rag • Piece Without Words • Children of Zion • Twelve Gates To The City
BO CARTER Let’s Get Drunk Again • Nobody’s Business • Honey • What You Want Your Daddy To Do
BUDDY MOSS Oh Lordy Mama • Sleepless Night • Someday Baby (I’ll Have Mine)
JOSH WHITE Crying Blues • Bad Depression Blues • High Brown Cheater • My Soul Is Gonna Live With God • Pure Religion Hallilu
LONNIE JOHNSON Away Down In The Alley Blues • Stomping ‘Em Along Slow • Blue Ghost Blues • There Is No Justice • Helena Blues • Sittin’ On A Log • Corn Bread Blues
TOMMY McCLENNAN Blues As I Can Be • I’m Goin’, Don’t You Know • Love With A Feeling • New Highway No.51 • Drop Down Mama
Level 3 • 136 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

Legendary Country Blues Guitar Solos
This book was a delight and a challenge to put together. I wanted to highlight the playing of six blues players that have greatly influenced me: Big Bill Broonzy, Lonnie Johnson, Rev. Gary Davis, Blind Blake, Scrapper Blackwell and Tampa Red. Each have recorded wonderful instrumental solos. I have transcribed these from the first note played to the last. These are complete transcriptions. Hopefully they will bring you insight into the playing ideas and techniques of these legendary players.
BIG BILL BROONZY Slow Blues, St. Louis Blues
SCRAPPER BLACKWELL A Blues, D Blues
BLIND BLAKE Guitar Chimes, Blind Arthur's Breakdown
REV. GARY DAVIS Bill Bailey, Walkin' Dog Blues
LONNIE JOHNSON Blues for the West End, Blues in G, Woke Up With The Blues In My Fingers
TAMPA RED Things 'Bout Coming My Way
Level 3 • 116 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

Somebody's Been Playing With That Thing - Ragtime Blues Guitar
This book presents three of the greatest ragtime blues guitar players from the 1920s-1940s. They all possessed what Rev. Gary Davis called that sportin’ right hand. Each could sing the blues or play a dance instrumental. They favored first position chords but produced incredible textures and rhythms from these easy left hand fingerings. There is years of exciting fingerpicking challenges in these pages. But what fun it will be once you can play these tunes.
BIG BILL BROONZY Big Bill Blues, At the Break of Day, Friendless Blues, Shuffle Rag, Worrying You Off My Mind, Bull Cow Blues, Five Feet Five
BLIND BLAKE Georgia Bound, Back Biting Bee Blues, Cold Hearted Mama Blues, Ice Man Blues, Righteous Blues, Tootie Blues, Rope Stretchin’ Blues, Sea Board Stomp, Walkin’ Across The Country, What A Lowdown Place The Jailhouse Is
BLIND BOY FULLER Baby, I Don’t Have To Worry, Careless Love, Georgia Ham Mama, Keep Away From My Woman, Somebody’s Been Playing With That Thing, Why Don’t My Baby Write To Me, (I Got A Woman Crazy For Me) She’s Funny That Way, Jivin’ Woman Blues
Level 3 • 119 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

Legendary Fingerstyle Guitar Solos - Jazz, Blues & Ragtime 1923 - 1951
To master a language, you need to find someone that speaks it well and have them demonstrate some phrases. You need to listen closely and strive to match not just the pronunciation, but the accent and cadence as well. Before you can freely express yourself, you need to copy what they say in order to build a toolbox of vocabulary and syntax that you can draw upon in order to say what you want to say. Music is no exception.
The eight transcriptions included in this collection span the years 1923 to 1951 and represent a wide variety of techniques, textures, harmonies, and overall feel. Some, like Blind Blake's ragtime number, are heavy in alternate bass and your thumb will get a workout. Others, like Teddy Bunn's jazzy tunes, feature extended single note passages that will take you up and down and all over the fretboard. Some are fast and rhythmic; some are free flowing musical meditations. All of them serve as examples of the highest quality of solo acoustic blues and roots guitar playing.
Meticulous note-for-note transcriptions of these numbers have been made so as to fully highlight the greatness of the seven artists represented, and to offer you an opportunity to learn from their genius. Before each instrumental is a short bio and suggestions for how to learn it. They're all wonderful tunes to add to your repertoire, and each provides such a wealth of material to learn from you're sure to return to these pages for many years to come.
The available downloads feature audio files presenting the original recordings. As well there are video clips of Ben Gateno performing each tune slowly and clearly showing both left and right hands.
Titles include: BLIND BLAKE West Coast Blues BIG BILL BROONZY House Rent Stomp TEDDY BUNN Guitar In High, King Porter Stomp SYLVESTER WEAVER Guitar Blues LONNIE JOHNSON To Do This, You Got To Know How TAMPA RED You Got To Reap What You Sow BLIND WILLIE JOHNSON Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground
Level 3/4 • 96 pages • Direct download link to audio & video files

Fun On The Frets - Blues, Stomps, Novelty Songs & Classic Rags
The more you play the guitar the better you'll become and the more fun and enjoyment you'll have. When I asked Rev. Gary Davis when and how I should practice on my guitar his answer was clear. He told me to play first thing in the morning and then last thing at night. He said I should keep my guitar out of its case so that I could play it whenever I wanted. The message was to play and enjoy yourself.
This collection of blues, jug band tunes, rags and novelty songs should present you with hours, weeks, months and even years of enjoyment and challenges. The arrangements vary from easy to difficult.
The tunes presented include: Going To Germany, Walk Right In, My Money Never Runs Out, Cocaine Habit Blues, KC Moan, Stealin', Stealin', You May Leave, Mississippi River Waltz, He's In The Jailhouse Now, Show Me The Way To Go Home, Guitar Stomp, Mississippi Blues, Blues For The Mann, Shine On Harvest Moon, Creole Belles - March & Two Step, The Teddy Bears' Picnic, Nola, Dallas Rag, At A Georgia Camp Meeting, St. Louis Tickle, Mabel's Dream, Powder Rag and Silver Swan
Level 2/3 • 132 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

Rare Instrumental Treasures from the playing of Rev. Gary Davis
“One of the wizards of modern music,” was Bob Dylan’s judgement of Rev. Davis’s importance. He was a giant in the story of fingerstyle guitar. He was a master guitar player as well as a wonderful and patient teacher. He was an exciting performer who could entertain a college audience, bring 25,000 people to their feet at an outdoor festival, move the spirit of a handful of men and women in a small Harlem storefront church, or bring smiles to students and friends who gathered around his home to hear his stories and music and inhale his White Owl cigar smoke. He was an innovator in the story of fingerstyle guitar.
I have spent many years learning and documenting the styles and techniques of Rev. Davis. It has been a never-ending journey of wonderful discoveries. The 13 instrumentals in this collection range from slow blues to ragtime instrumentals to long blues improvisations in various keys. I have transcribed from the first to the last notes of each performance. There’s a lot of fingerpicking in these pages. Enjoy the joy and challenges of the guitar of Rev. Gary Davis.
Titles include: Swingin’ Blues • Hills & Valleys • Rag Blues in C • Walkin’ the Dog Seven Sisters • (I Got a Woman Crazy for Me) She’s Funny That Way Florida Blues • Honey Get Your Towel Wet • Seven Sisters • Penitentiary Blues Goin’ to Chattanooga • Slow Blues in E • Slippin ’Til My Gal Comes In Partner Baby • What You Going To Do
Level 3/4 • 108 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

Fingerstyle Ragtime Guitar - Ragtime Blues to the Classic Rags
This collection covers ragtime guitar styles and techniques from the “stumblin’ bass” of Blind Blake to the evergreen piano sounds of Scott Joplin. It begins with a few easy tunes and progresses to more intricate and complex arrangements.
Contents include: PLAYING THE GUITAR LIKE A PIANO Shake That Thing, 99 Year Blues, The Bald-Headed End of A Broom, Buck Dancer’s Choice, A Salty Dog Rag, See That Girl Sitting On A Fence RAGGIN' THE BLUES Blake’s Breakdown, Ton of Blues, That Won’t Do, Cincinnati Flow Rag/Slow Drag RAGTIME SONGS, MARCHES & CAKEWALKS Hot Time in The Old Town Tonight, Save Up Your Money, John D. Rockefeller Put the Panic On, (Won’t You Come Home) Bill Bailey, Sister Kate’s Syncopated Dance, Smokey Mokes, Haag City Dance, Atlanta Rag, Dallas Rag, High Society THE CLASSIC RAGS Original Rags, The Buffalo Rag, Pineapple Rag, The Grizzly Bear Rag, Florida Rag, Heliotrope Bouquet, The Entertainer, Coconut Dance
Level 3/4 • 143 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

Cake Walks & Two-Step Marches arranged for Fingerstyle Guitar
The turn of the last century was a brilliant period for Black entertainment. Ragtime and the worldwide popularity of the cake walk showcased this period. The cake walk had a lilt and a syncopated lift never known before heard or seen in American popular music.
This collection of various cake walks comes from Rémi Balsacq’s passion for fingerstyle guitar. This instrument already has a huge repertoire, from blues to ragtime, classical to jazz and beyond. Ragtime pieces were transcribed throughout the 20th century by various guitarists, i.e David Laibman, Ton Van Bergeyk, Leo Wijnkamp, Duck Baker, Stefan Grossman, Lasse Johansson and many other players. Each had their own approach but the cake walk repertoire remained barely explored and offers the guitarist wonderful melodies, interesting rhythms and arranging challenges. In this collection, Rémi has arranged 12 cake walks for fingerstyle guitar.
Included with this collection are direct downloads of studio audio recordings of each piece as well as home YouTube video recordings of each arrangement.
Titles include: At an Alabama Corn Shuckin’, Aunt Jemima’s Cake Walk, Bowery Buck, Bunch o’ Blackberries, Eli Green’s Cake Walk, Hello Ma Baby, Peaceful Henry, The Pride of Bucktown, Remus Takes The Cake, Southern Rag Medley No.1, The St. Louis Rag, Whistling Rufus
Level 3 • 92 pages • Direct download link to audio files.

Cake Walks & Classic Rags for Fingerstyle Guitar
Ragtime is in many ways the quintessential American music. It arrived at the turn of the last century with many transitions, notably the discovery of the means to record sound, and the determination of Afro-Americans of genius to be appreciated as artists. The music we call ragtime represents not only a moment of great anticipation (as the advent of jazz was on hand) but also of fulfillment. There are perhaps, 200 classic ragtime pieces that represent a corpus of extraordinary beauty - some of the most straightforward, melodious and out and out joyful music that there ever was.In the early 1960's guitar players started to tackle arranging this music. David Laibman and Dave Van Ronk were in the vanguard of this movement. Van Ronk's arrangement of St. Louis Tickle became a rite of passage for fingerstyle guitarists. Laibman's arrangements of Scott Joplin's classic rags amazed and challenged the fingerpickers from coast to coast and across the Atlantic ocean to Europe.
By the 1970s other guitarists tried their skills playing ragtime. In the last fifty years this pursuit has carried on. This collection presents eight outstanding guitarists and their approaches to arranging and playing cake walks and classic rags. Tackling the material in this collection will greatly help your development and mastery of the fretboard and what Rev. Gary Davis called your six string piano. Both your hands will get a complete aerobic work out! An audio download link is included with performances of each title.
Titles Include: REMI BALSACQ After the Cakewalk, Cotton Bolls, The Sun Do Move, Walkin' On De Rainbow Road STEVE McWILLIAM Peaches and Cream STEVEN HICKS Temptation Rag, Kinklets - A Ragtime Two Step, Carrie's Gone to Kansas City, Cracked Ice Rag DORIAN HENRY Alabama Peach Carnival, Columbia Rag, Echoes from the Snowball Club, International Cake Walk LASSE JOHANSSON Junk Man Rag, Russian Rag DICK FEGY Bowery Buck, Kismet Rag LEO WIJNKAMP Hilarity Rag, The Sycamore - A Concert Rag DAVID LAIBMAN Gladiolus Rag, Magnetic Rag, Ethiopia Rag, Ragtime Nightingale, Contentment Rag, Pleasant Moments - Ragtime Waltz, Ragtime Oriole
Level 3 • 180 pages • Direct download link to audio files