The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  b0b has passed
Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 11:14 am    

Just saw on FB...

Bill McCloskey

Hearing today the Bob Lee has passed on. What a terrible blow to the Steel Guitar community. For decades Bob ran The Steel Guitar Forum, the greatest repository of Steel guitar technique and history in the world. His presence will be greatly missed by all of us who depended on his sage advice.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 11:16 am    

Please see the announcement here: https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewforum.php?f=36

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 11:16 am    

Bill McCloskey
The Official announcement : "It is with immense sadness the Lee family is sharing news that Bobby Lee passed away in his home the morning of March 7, 2023.
The Steel Guitar Forum will live on for as long as the technology allows and will continue to be managed by Bob's family to ensure his Legacy is honored. That being said and just as has happened in the past, sometimes the Forum is not accessible (like this morning). We'd love to speculate our 23,000 members heard the news and broke the internet, but it was simply a power surge of some sort and was resolved with a server reboot.
We ask for time to allow us to be in our grief rather than trying to stop the speculation on the future of the Steel Guitar Forum currently making its rounds on this Forum and other social media sites. Please respect Bob and his family by disengaging from that narrative and choose to use these platforms to celebrate his life and appreciate the goodness he may have brought into yours.
Rest assured, the Steel Guitar Forum will likely outlive most of us.
~ The Lee Family

Terry VunCannon

Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 11:26 am    

Prayers and thanks. He will be missed.

Dave Magram

San Jose, California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 11:30 am    

That is very sad news about Bobby ("bOb") Lee.

Bob did a tremendous service for the steel guitar community by starting the SGF over 20 years ago.
He also set up excellent rules and moderation practices so that the SGF is the most civil online music forum I have seen.

The SGF was clearly a labor of love for Bob, and I'm sure that it took up way more of his time and money than he expected.

He was obviously very dedicated to building a true community of steel guitar players, from raw beginners to seasoned professionals.
Where else could you get your questions answered by Buddy Emmons or Paul Franklin and so many other excellent players?

We cannot thank Bob enough for all he has done for steel guitar players around the world.

My deepest condolences to Bob's family.

- Dave

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 11:33 am    

Very sad and abrupt news Thank you b0b for the forum and all you’ve done this past 25 years. Til we meet again.

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 11:45 am    

Stephen, please go to this thread. https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=389514

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 12:24 pm    

Yes, please go to Lori's thread that Bill linked. A very sad day indeed.

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 12:59 pm    

This is such sad news. The SF has always been my first source when I needed an answer to a steel guitar question. Bob thanks for all you’ve done. RIP I send my thoughts and prayers to his family.

Dave Meis

Olympic Peninsula, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 1:10 pm    

Very saddened by this news... RIP.