The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pedabro Effect pedal 2023
Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2023 1:56 pm    

Larry Dering wrote:
No I don't have one made and I have no good way of making one. All I can say is the Telonics TCA 500 amp has a switch that when engaged it tweaks the EQ to sound like a Dobro. I seldom use this feature because I have a Jerry Douglas model Dobro if I want that sound for a song. I can't say that the Telonics will satisfy your tastes but it's surprising good. If I get someone to record it I will try to get you a sound sample. The guys I play with are not interested in a Dobro sound in their style music.

Hi Larry, thank you for writing to me, if sooner or later you make a video where we can all understand how Telonics plays in TBRO mode it would help many who want to buy telonics. I already have my perfect amplification and now that I've found the sound I've been looking for for years I don't intend to change it just because telonics has this function. I'll look for a way to have a pedal or maybe two pedals that combined together will give me a tone closer to a pedabro and not a dobro. Thanks Francesco

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2023 6:05 pm    

No problem and thanks for understanding. What exactly is your setup now and how do you get the dobro sound?

Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2023 12:48 am     Pedabro sound pedal

This is my configuration and I must say that I have a good sound (PSG/ black box Sarno/Aura Fishman Jerry Douglas/ / Volume pedal/ Wet Reverb/ Direct Box Radial J48 active/ PA Mixer where the sound technician gives me a nice sound. Francesco

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2023 8:33 am    

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Chance Duhon

Sulphur, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2023 5:07 pm    

Until you get a piezo pickup installed, the aura pedal will not do what it’s supposed to do. The aura imaging has to have a piezo signal, not a magnetic pickup.

Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2023 1:45 am     Pedabro sound pedal

Chance Duhon wrote:
Until you get a piezo pickup installed, the aura pedal will not do what it’s supposed to do. The aura imaging has to have a piezo signal, not a magnetic pickup.

Hi Chance yes I know this very well but in the PSG you can't have a piezo electric so to help this endicap try to use the aura pedal together with the boss G7 equalizer pedal and then let me know...Francesco