The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  National Rocket 110 lap steel. 499.99 SOLD
Thomas Mardas

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2023 2:38 pm    

This is the original rocket style lap steel which valco and airline went on to continually make. The National was not only the first of this style but the best. Here is why, This one comes with both magnets on each side of the coodertype pickup giving it an incredible sustain and tone. I also replaced the original magnets with hotter ones from Lollar which are even better! Also, I am the second owner. that's right. The first thing to wear off on these was the stencil of the rocket 110. Find another with this intact! It's mint. Everything is original, the klusons are perfect, the only thing missing is the original case. I have a serious hand injury but may try and demonstrate this guitar even with my hand bandaged up. The price includes shipping also. If a collector grade lap steel which is also rare and sounds beautiful is your style, here it is. Sorry the pics are all out of order. I dunno what happened. tom. 2075024950. Or message me in the forum. Just lowered price! Will ship for free.

Last edited by Thomas Mardas on 13 Mar 2023 8:22 am; edited 2 times in total

Thomas Mardas

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2023 8:21 am     Sold elsewhere. Please remove listing.

Greetings from Maine. Bracing for another storm tomorrow even though Spring is a week away. Anyway, i have only been a member for a few months and since then have listed three lap steel guitars. What bewilders me is i have hoped that i would sell them here and donate a portion to the site and keep our close knit group going with good stuff. After a couple days of no interest, each time i have put them on feebay or reverb at a higher cost of course because of the fees. Each time like today and yesterday, my lap steel guitars have sold almost in 24 hours on the other sites. I guess it's because the other places are huge. Anyway, I'm happy i did what i had to do. Guitars come guitars go. I'm learning lap steel style better each day and even though i cut my hand with a chop saw yikes, i can rest it and move my fingers while it heals. My gypsy jazz gigs are on hold though. Tough to hold a pick with a big bandage etc. It gets stuck into the strings lol. Anyway, so far i have met many nice folks, traded some music and when i can afford to want to buy a National tricone squareneck one day. This is the place i will go to! Stay safe, be cool, everyday above ground is a beautiful day! tom.