The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Standel Epoxy Modules
Cody Stewart

Traverse City Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2023 5:12 pm    

I have a question for the Standel Nerds… Does anyone know of a guru that builds replacement modules to be used in-place of of the originals?

I just acquired a un-molested Studio 15, and it’s going into my tech this week for a good once over. I don’t believe any of my modules are bad, but in the event one is, I thought I would inquire about replacements.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cody

Dennis Waltman

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2023 9:51 am     Standel modules

I also have a Studio 15 that has a noisy first channel, non-working reverb and tremolo. My tech thought it needed a few modules but he is too busy to get to it. I'd like to find a method to determine good/bad modules and to find replacements as needed. Thanks, Dennis

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2023 10:58 am    

One source:

http://www.standelamps.com/support/schematics/epoxy_mods.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

David Ball

North Carolina High Country
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2023 2:24 pm    

Michael Brebes here on the forum knows a lot about Standel, including the modules. I have an amp that Michael reverse-engineered a defective tremolo module and built a new one for it. It works perfectly.

Here's an old thread: https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=315016&highlight=standel+module

Brett Lanier

Madison, TN
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2023 3:23 pm    

Dan Lurie from FYD amps built a replica module circuit for my ‘65 Custom 15. I don’t remember how exactly he pulled it off but he did a great job. The components are assembled on a small circuit board that sits where the old module was. I bet he’d share what he knows about it if you wrote him an email.

Michael Brebes

Northridge CA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2023 7:45 am    

The input, mix, and reverb circuit modules can be built from the available schematics, with some modifications. The tremolo modules, unfortunately have to be built to fit the amp with opto parts that are available now.

Unfortunately, I need to have the amp chassis when replacing bad modules. It guarantees the proper mating of all the electronics in the amp.
Dickerson MOTS/Dobro D32 Hawaiian/
Goldtone Paul Beard Reso

Mesa Boogie Studio Pre/Hafler 3000
RP1/MPX100