The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Show us your New Emmons Resound 65 photos
Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2023 6:21 pm    

Got a new Emmons Resound 65 Show us a photo.
Let us know what your Emmons experience has been like.
Thanks, and keep it clean please.

I have mine ordered and thankfully paid for .
Ordered Dec 2021 should be getting it anyday now.
Really excited!!!!!!!!!
Got a photo of the guitar today 4/20/23 from Kelcey.
It looks really good. Hope to get it soon.
It showed up 4-24-2023 16 months after ordered.

Last edited by Jimmie Hudson on 25 Apr 2023 10:59 am; edited 3 times in total

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2023 11:52 am     Steel

Alright Jimmie I know you can't wait to get it. I mean been waiting over a year. I know you will be happy when it gets there.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2023 11:55 am    

Following…

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2023 8:52 am     Emmons Resound 65

Here is the Resound I am playing on the Gene Watson show !
I grew up on P/P Guitars then Moved over to Mullen , EMCI , Legrande ect.
When I was presented with this resound back in Aug of 22 it took me by surprise . I had played the proto type at the Emmons & Detamore unveiling in San Antonio and was impressed however, was thinking well it’s just an Emmons nothing special here . Well let me tell you ! After playing this guitar on several different types of stages , venues , and music halls . I have found it is one of the most rounded , consistent instruments I have ever set down behind . It stays in tune better than any all pull guitar, it’s tone is unmatched thru anything I have played it thru ! To sum it up I’m very proud I was selected to put the New Emmons Resound 65 thru the paces and would recommend anyone looking for a new pedal steel guitar to include the Emmons guitar co in your search ! Darin & Kelcey have brought this company back from the grave and stood it up where it belongs once again . I think Buddy Emmons would be proud ! www.emmonsguitar.co/d10model
Boo Miller
2022 65 Emmons Resound P/P D10

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2023 3:14 pm     Re: Emmons Resound 65

Al Miller wrote:
When I was presented with this resound back in Aug of 22 it took me by surprise . I had played the proto type at the Emmons & Detamore unveiling in San Antonio and was impressed however, was thinking well it’s just an Emmons nothing special here . Well let me tell you ! After playing this guitar on several different types of stages , venues , and music halls . I have found it is one of the most rounded , consistent instruments I have ever set down behind . It stays in tune better than any all pull guitar, it’s tone is unmatched thru anything I have played it thru ! To sum it up I’m very proud I was selected to put the New Emmons Resound 65 thru the paces and would recommend anyone looking for a new pedal steel guitar to include the Emmons guitar co in your search ! Darin & Kelcey have brought this company back from the grave and stood it up where it belongs once again . I think Buddy Emmons would be proud ! www.emmonsguitar.co/d10model
Boo Miller
Looks real nice. I look forward to getting A SD10 very soon. I am 19th on the build list and just 2 away from the build start.

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2023 5:52 pm     65 Resound

Very Happy I suspect you will love it ! Attention to detail with these folks is second to none ! Good old fashioned “Made in America “ qualities ! Let us know what you think when you take delivery ! Sorry my picture is sideways can’t figure out how to fix it !
Boo Miller

scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2023 7:12 pm     here you go

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2023 10:43 am    

I want one of those rugs (as well as a black D-10 just like this one). Smile

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2023 1:41 pm     Thanks Scott

Thank you Scott . Heck man I had it upside down flip around all different ways this was the best I could get out of it ! 🤓😂 Roger you to can have both of those if you just make the call to Darin or Kelcey @ Emmonsguitars.com .. I’m just sayin !
Boo

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2023 1:47 pm    

Hey, Boo!

Now I'm medically retired from the road, I'd have a hard time justifying a $10k+ guitar to Mrs Rettig!

I might sneak the rug past her but a D10 with 8+8???

They look so tempting, though!
Smile

Junior Knight

Eustace Texas..paddle faster..I hear Banjos...
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2023 1:56 pm    

Roger,
You won’t regret it. Because of my health issues I haven’t played in basically a year but thanks to my dear friends Boo and Gene I have one on order!!! And I’m not regretting the decision!!!
texsteelman2@yahoo.com

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2023 7:10 am    

I hear you, Junior - it's only money, right?

As my good friend Jeff Garden said:

"It starts with just getting the rug then, before you realize it..... (you've gone that bit further)."

Smile

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2023 6:12 pm     Steel

T t t

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2023 7:26 pm    

Right now, I don't know of much customization of the ReSound65 that would show a great variety of guitars. Laughing

When Kelcey, Darin, and Tommy Detamore got together awhile back to have The Grand Communion of Wraparound Owners, as well as have the Texas presentation of the new prototype Resound, there was a room at the event with 17 1964-65 Emmons Wraparounds. Billy Knowles, who was present at the event, allowed as how there were never that many 64-65 Emmons Wraparound guitars in one room at one time EVER!! Shocked

I was there, as was my personal guitar #1264018, and I can vouch for the fact that the scene looked like... 17 old, black, Emmons guitars. Laughing

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2023 8:18 pm     yes

Herb Steiner wrote:
Right now, I don't know of much customization of the ReSound65 that would show a great variety of guitars. Laughing

When Kelcey, Darin, and Tommy Detamore got together awhile back to have The Grand Communion of Wraparound Owners, as well as have the Texas presentation of the new prototype Resound, there was a room at the event with 17 1964-65 Emmons Wraparounds. Billy Knowles, who was present at the event, allowed as how there were never that many 64-65 Emmons Wraparound guitars in one room at one time EVER!! Shocked

I was there, as was my personal guitar #1264018, and I can vouch for the fact that the scene looked like... 17 old, black, Emmons guitars. Laughing
Well my Emmons will be Red so I will post a photo as soon as it is delivered so we all can see something other than Black.

Jim Arnold

Texas USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2023 12:08 pm     Boo's Emmons

Had the pleasure of seeing Boo this last Saturday night with Gene Watson. Boo's Emmons sounded fantastic. It was warm and mello when needed and loud and up front when needed. Boo's an excellent player and was a real pleasure to hear. We spoke after the show for just a couple of minutes, but he really bragged about that new Emmons. What a great sounding guitar in the hands for a top notch player.

Mark Robinson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2023 12:21 pm    

Delete

Last edited by Mark Robinson on 4 Feb 2023 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mark Robinson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2023 12:29 pm    

Deleted

Last edited by Mark Robinson on 4 Feb 2023 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2023 11:32 am     red

I was at that meeting in Texas and ordered a Resound immediately. I've been playing it for about half a year. It's an absolutely astonishing steel. The sound has it. That clear as a bell shimmer along with perfectly focused mids and lows. The elusive quality is the visceral response the 65 has. It directly responds to touch in a way that I have only experienced with perfectly set up PP steels and a couple Franklin's I used to play. I ordered a red one because I thought it would look cool on stage.

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2023 11:38 am    

That's gorgeous, Bob - even I would look cool on stage with that guitar!

How many KLs did you have? Were there limits to what changes can be had? DO they accommodate splits?

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2023 4:33 pm    

Roger,
Splits are no problem. I use one on my 5th string. I have 6 levers. It is a Push Pull so whole step lowers need a bit of throw. The guitar is built like a Swiss watch.

Garry Vanderlinde

CA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2023 8:14 pm    

Cool I've heard that red guitars play faster!
Can you elaborate what the 3rd row of endplate tuning keys are for???

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2023 6:06 am    

Garry

The third row is for doing splits on the guitar. Very amazing improvement for the push pull guitars.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2023 6:54 am     Re: red

"I was at that meeting in Texas and ordered a Resound immediately. I've been playing it for about half a year. It's an absolutely astonishing steel. The sound has it. That clear as a bell shimmer along with perfectly focused mids and lows. The elusive quality is the visceral response the 65 has. It directly responds to touch in a way that I have only experienced with perfectly set up PP steels and a couple Franklin's I used to play. I ordered a red one because I thought it would look cool on stage."

Well said, Bob. I didn't post photos of my ReSound 65. It is black, like Mark Robinson's as posted above.

Kelcey and Mark were present when I took delivery. I felt the pedals and levers, strummed a few chords, then started noodling. There are a few songs I play when I warm up or sit behind a steel for the first time. I started playing them, along with my requisite clams. I looked up after a few minutes and saw Kelcey and Mark grinning. I realized that I had fallen into one of those Zen moments that only occur when everything is just right.

I had a very nice 1970 cuttail at that time. It was expertly set up, and played as well as practically any all pull steel you will find. It sounded great. I no longer have that steel. It needs to be played.

Last edited by Jim Cooley on 1 Feb 2023 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

John Drury

Gallatin, Tn USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2023 11:18 am     Re: Emmons Resound 65

Al Miller wrote:
Boo Miller

Al,

Congrats on the new Resound 65!

BTW, That rug really ties the room together Dude!

J. D.
NTSGA #3

"Practice cures most tone issues" ~ John Suhr