The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Kenneth Schell
Gene Crain

Inola Ok
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2023 5:11 pm    

I am sorry to announce the passing of my dear friend Kenneth Schell. Kenneth went to be with our Lord January 1. Kenneth was well known in the Steel Guitar world as not only a great player, he was also very instrumental in bringing the Steel Guitar to what it is today. Kenneth worked with Shot Jackson (ShoBud) back in the early days before they sold out to Gretch as a salesman and as a helping hand in the development of the Pedal Steel. Kenneth was my mentor and friend for many years and will be sorely missed by all who knew him. Please keep his family in your prayers. Thank you.

Marty Neer

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2023 8:49 pm     Kenny Schell

Man, I hated to see this.
Kenny was a wealth of knowledge and a nice guy. Always had a story to tell about those old Sho-Bud guitars.
R.I.P. my friend you will be missed.

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2023 9:43 pm    

We definitely lost a real treasure in Kenneth Schell. When I learned of the news of his passing it was really saddening. I always enjoyed visiting with him and as Marty said, he was truly a wealth of knowledge and information about Sho-Bud Guitars and the players that would coming into the store in Nashville while he was working there. Prayers for his family and many friends.