The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tablature Request: Jimmy Buffett
John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2022 4:31 pm    

This song has a very nice steel solo by Doyle Grisham midway through during the middle 8 about 1:30 into the song. Sounds like there is a heap of delay (I guess echoplex in those days) on the track.
https://youtu.be/h95tl0geFgw

There is also a beautiful version cut by Doug Supernaw in the 90s with Paul Franklin on steel as well as a Waylon version with Moon being Moon.
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5

George Duncan Sypert

Colo Spgs, Co, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2022 7:04 pm     Buffett Song

Just talked with Doyle today. I had never heard that song before. Next time I talk to him I hope I remember to ask about that song. Very well done, but that is the way my friend plays.

Thanks for the post.

Korey White

New York, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2023 3:06 pm    

Hello, I'm following in hopes of finding this tab as well. This may be one of the songs that really got me into wanting to learn the steel guitar(parrothead), but also just love the sound. I'm new here. So greetings from upstate NY as well.

Korey