The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BMI Neck Removal
winston

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2022 12:55 pm    

I have a D-10 BMI with 5/7 and I am going to make a S-10 if I can figure how the neck comes off. All the guitars I have worked on had the screws under the guitar for the neck. This one has the keyhead screws showing and the changer mechanism were there. Guitar has an aluminum neck. It has side plates for the cross shaft removal but I am not sure about the neck screws. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Winston May

Ron Forrest

Logan Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2022 9:26 pm    

Winston,

They could be under the fretboard. I'm working on a 79 Zum that i ran into the same problem with. Looked all over for the screws underneath with no luck. Pulled the c6th fret board and there they were.

If you do have to remove the fret boards make sure you mark were the center of 12th fret is, Also take measurements from the center of the roller nut to the center of the 12th fret and from the center of the 12th fret to the center of the changer. I believe the distance should be the same.

Thanks

Ron

winston

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2022 8:00 am    

Thanks Ron, I know that the screws are under the fretboard on a ShoBud, just did not want to take the fretboard off if I did not have to. winston may