The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Vintage German 3/4 classical nylon string guitar
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2022 6:19 am    

Late 50's early 60's German made nylon string guitar made by a German musical instrument company called Silvetta... They are still in business but only make accordians these days.. It has a sticker in it that says "made in Germany", which may mean its from pre 1960, or before Germany was divided into east and west.. Its in VERY nice shape, and plays very well and in tune with a straight neck and soft low action... I just repaired it as at some point someone tried putting steel strings on it and pulled the bridge off, and then tried to nail it back on!... I did a nice strong bridge repair, and doweled the holes in the bridge.. Its solid as a rock, is stable and going nowhere.. I also installed a new bone nut, and new strings and its ready to go.. It is in really great cosmetic condition for something this age, doesn't have any play wear to speak of and looks like it was never played very much.. I see them selling on ebay for $200 plus shipping.. Price on this one is $75 FIRM ,, I have a lot of time and money in this, and its a nice deal if you like old nylon string acoustic guitars,, There are always some on ebay, so compare prices, and see what they look like.. This one is clean and shiny, with a nice vintage patina from its age.. Good build quality on a par with other European guitar makers of the era- Hofner/Framus/Vox etc.. does not have a case... shipping cost as always is the biggest obstacle in buying something of this nature online. The pic is not my personal guitar, but is the identical model. Its in great cosmetic shape like the one pictured... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......