The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bellamy Brothers Show & Steel Guitar
Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2022 10:42 pm    

Last night my Lady and I went to a Bellamy Brothers Band Concert at Branson Missouri. It was a Great Show. I was impressed with the Band and the Steel Guitarist was a guy named Jim Heep. He was Great! They featured the Steel Guitar on a lot of the songs. It was the best concert that I have seen in several years. I highly recommend going and seeing them, and it was just fantastic to hear and see the Steel Guitar featured like that! Great job by all of their Band and of course kuddos to The Bellamy Brothers! Loved it!!!

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2022 10:45 pm    

Jim Heep playing Steel Guitar with The Bellamy Brothers Band last night

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2022 10:47 pm    

I couldn't tell what type Steel Guitar he was playing but it sounded Great and the Steel Guitar was turned up and featured. He's a Great Steel Guitarist

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2022 8:36 am    

One of the reasons why you heard the steel in the mix as well as being a featured instrument is the fact that the Bellamy Bros love steel. I played a fair along side them at the Washington State Fair some years back. Group that I was with alternated with the Bellamy's on the same stage. I got a chance to talk with them. They both told me steel guitar was their favorite instrument and they always loved having a steel in the band. Great guys!

Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2022 9:10 am    

The Bellamy Brothers play our concert in the park series every summer. They put on a great show. Jim Heep is a great player and very fan friendly. He plays a MSA Legend, gets lots of ride time, and is never lost in the mix.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2022 1:47 pm    

Very good to know. I seen them years ago and no steel guitar. The lead player was obviously a rock player and did nothing to help their songs. I like the Bellamy Brothers and was surprised at this point. Be glad to see them with a proper band.

Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2022 5:04 pm    

I believe Jim plays an MSA XL. He has a profile on their website.

Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2022 6:45 pm    

Mike Holder wrote:
I believe Jim plays an MSA XL. He has a profile on their website.

That' is correct - MSA Legend XL, the wooden necked version.

Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2022 7:56 am    

Sorry Jim; I missed where you actually did mention that… ooops!

Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2022 11:14 am    

No problem at all, Mike. The Legend has a metal neck. The Legend XL has a wood neck. I omitted the XL from the model number in my initial posting. I was only following up to clarify.

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2022 12:00 pm    

My wife works at the Mansion where the Bellamy Brothers played. I can guarantee without a doubt, the Mansion has the best sound and sound system in Branson. The Mansion has some great things happening there, not what you would think would be typical for Branson. The Mansion is a performing arts center now, and will offer a wider variety of artists and entertainment. Jim Heep, definitely a great player, and the Bellamys puts on a fantastic show.

Rollin Schmidt

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2022 9:21 am     Bellamy Bro. Steel player

Earlier this year our band opened for the Bellamy’s and I had the opportunity to visit with Mr. Heep. He was very personable, showed me his stage setup and how he does the standing up and tilting the guitar trick. I was very impressed by him and the entire band, they were all very nice. Wish all national acts were like that.