The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jerry Lee Lewis
Lee Dassow

Jefferson, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2022 6:29 am    

I saw him in 1961 in Gobbler Missouri, a club Out in The sticks some place. He was drunk pushing the Piano around on the stage and playing it at the same time. he was hilarious.
Not sure of this but i heard later from other airmen at blytheville AF Base where I was stationed that he pushed the piano off the stage and said."this Piano isn't working for me". Don't know for sure if it's true, but that's what i heard.,If it happened I would have loved to seen that. Tremendous talent, RIP Killer. Tenn.Lee
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,

billy tam

baton rouge, louisiana
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2022 3:28 pm     Jerry Lee Lewis

When I was 13 almost 62 yrs ago in a central la town that was dry we had family visiting.
My aunt’s new husband was from W Virginia. My dad a family friend and my new uncle were wanting a cold beer but the wives said they could only go if I went with them. About 45 minutes later we were in Ferriday, La at a roadhouse called the Farmhouse club. In we go and Jerry Lee was knocking the loaded house down. Blew my young mind the power of music and entertainment. I became a musician from then on. Worked several shows fronting for “the Killer” and as steel player I’ve always loved his country songs as well as the crazy rock and roll. To me his country vocals were like Jimmy Days Steel moniker “Mr Country Soul”
Billy

Michael Breid

Eureka Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2023 12:56 pm     So long Killer

I still get duck dots when I hear the Killer sing, "Another place, another time". A bunch of us have been there if only in our minds.