The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  5-1 Resolution
Christo Huntington

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2022 3:39 pm    

I discovered this 5-1 resolution lick in Paul Franklin's Application course and decided to give it a go! I made the backing track heard in the final portion of the video, and I'd be glad to share it with anyone here if you'd like to use it to practice.

Link to today's video: https://youtu.be/VsfZn8ohsl8

Effects: Telonics FP-100D Multi-Taper Volume Pedal, Polytune 3 tuner, Dunlop CBM9 Wah-Wah, Exotic Effects SP Compressor, Exotic Effects EP Booster, Ibanez TS-9, Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron envelope filter, Boss DM-2w Delay (Waza Craft), TC Electronic Hall of Fame 2 reverb
Accessories/Extras/Software: Steelers Choice Sidekick (built August 2022), Shure SM57, Focusrite 2i2

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2022 8:42 am     Fair Use?

Making your own YT video of copyrighted instructional material - is that covered by the Fair Use clause? I think it’s okay in a classroom situation, but YT is obviously not a classroom.

Christo Huntington

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2022 9:08 am    

Hi Fred!

Thanks for the question. I reached out to Modern Music Masters a few months to ensure I was not violating any copyright protections of Paul’s courses. They graciously replied and gave me permission to provide my own commentary over and playing of the materials used in the course so long as I did not share any physical materials contained in the course. This exact procedure is protected by Fair Use as I’m transforming the learned and interpreted materials into my own presentation/arrangement. The MMM team has been a pleasure to work with and are incredibly supportive of my learning process/YouTube channel!

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2022 10:37 pm    

Cool.
Carry on.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2022 2:51 pm    

Hey Christo, we are having a big Yellowstone Season Premiere party here at Lake Kiowa on Nov. 8th for the new season 2 hour premiere. You're invited. The only stipulation, gotta wear or bring something with the Yellowstone brand. I see you got that covered. Bring it on!

Christo Huntington

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2022 2:42 am    

Mark Greenway wrote:
Hey Christo, we are having a big Yellowstone Season Premiere party here at Lake Kiowa on Nov. 8th for the new season 2 hour premiere. You're invited. The only stipulation, gotta wear or bring something with the Yellowstone brand. I see you got that covered. Bring it on!

Hi Mark! Wow, that’s a very generous offer! Is your party on the 8th or on the 13th? I think the premiere is on the 13th out here… I’m from PA so that would be a haul. Feel free to shoot me a PM with the details. Have a great day, my friend!

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2022 3:39 am    

You are right. It's on the 13th at 8:00 Texas time. I have no clue why I thought it was on the 8th. Party canceled! I won't even be home on the 13th. I'll be watching from a hotel room in Mississippi. My wife had her Yellowstone drinking glass all ready for the party. Dang it! Thanks for clearing that up.

Christo Huntington

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2022 3:49 am    

Mark Greenway wrote:
You are right. It's on the 13th at 8:00 Texas time. I have no clue why I thought it was on the 8th. Party canceled! I won't even be home on the 13th. I'll be watching from a hotel room in Mississippi. My wife had her Yellowstone drinking glass all ready for the party. Dang it! Thanks for clearing that up.

No worries. Have a safe trip and enjoy the premiere, Mark!

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2022 5:07 pm    

It has begun! Season premiere. Yellowstone time in Tunica, MS.

Christo Huntington

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2022 5:16 pm    

Mark,

Yes sir! Enjoy, my friend.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2022 5:51 pm    

When it's over, we'll work on that 5-1 resolution.