The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Deep South Steel Guitar - Perkinson, MS Nov 11 & 12, 2022
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2022 6:47 am    

The Deep South Steel Guitar show is back and will be taking place in Perkinston, MS.

Bailey’s Music Barn is a new venue where country music is alive and well. Anything from Friday night dances, to concerts, to “STEEL GUITAR SHOWS”.

November 11 and 12, 2022 will be the first comeback DSSG show featuring some of the top steelers from the south and beyond.

You can expect to see and hear not only great steel guitar music, but some great country vocals as well.

Players to include (but not limited to) Mike Taylor, Hal Higgins, Jimmy Miller, Lynn Owsley, Steve Sanford, Janet Wise, Larry Bullock, Malcolm Kirby, Roger Eddington, Jeremy Ball, Ashton Evans, John LeMaster, Larry Pickard, Wendel Gurley, Bobby Ray, Cody Kirby, Darlene Battles, Jerry Jaye, Julie Musgrove, Mack MacDonald, Merle Taylor, Terrey Bailey, Glen Musgrove, Arvis Moore, RJ Buras and special guest Barbara Rosetta, will be here. Barbara is the wife of our long-time friend and piano player, Roy Rosetta.

There are several hotels nearby in Wiggins, MS. We have special arrangements with the Hampton Inn (Wiggins, MS). Use Promo Code BMB to receive the discounted rate for the show. Note that you must book directly with the hotel to receive this rate. 601-528-5255.

Bailey's Music Barn
439 Paramount Church Rd
Perkinston, MS

Show hours are 5PM – 11PM on Friday and 11AM – 11PM on Saturday.

We hope you will join us for a fun time of music and fellowship.

If you have any questions, please contact me at baileysmusicbarn2022@gmail.com
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 21 Nov 2022 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2022 11:15 am    

This will be a great show, Bill Ferguson (and Bill Stafford) certainly know how to put a good one on. This will be at a very nice venue (Bailey's Barn) and with some really good players. A couple of days of pedal steel honoring Bill Stafford and Ronnie Miley. Don't miss it!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2022 2:21 pm    

removed
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 1 Nov 2022 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2022 6:13 am    

We are getting very close.

Sadly, Janet Wise had to cancel. We wish her well and hope to see her at the next show.

Joe Wright called and said that he was coming to the show, as a spectator. But of course we will get him on stage to fill the vacant spot.

I will be posting a new schedule in the next few days.

Tommy Huff

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2022 3:59 pm     deep south steel show

hello forum members...I am so looking forward to the deep south steel show nov. 11-12 I will be there with several speaker cabinets and nashville 400 lite cabinets also, I will have some Tom Bradshaw products with me...tab racks,volume pedal bracketts,the MXR dobro pedals and bar fretboards sho-bud, deckley,MSA,ZB,etc. strings and t-shirts and some TT-15" travis Toy speakers...also, I will have some amps with me for sale nashville 400,session 400 a reno 400 in a nashville 400 cabinet.....really looking forward to seeing friends I have not seen since the last Gulfport show 2 years ago and meeting new friends. ya'll be safe Tommy

Last edited by Tommy Huff on 5 Nov 2022 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rex Lindsey

Ellisville, MS USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2022 4:35 am     Deep South Steel Show

I am really looking forward to next weekend.I'll be there if the creek does not raise --- and maybe even if it does.