The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Boss GT-1 Guitar Effects Processor
Fred Rogan

Birmingham, AL USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2022 12:07 pm    

This is a great, compact unit. It has good sounding Boss effects, is highly tweakable and is easy to navigate. If you always wanted to try this and toss your big, heavy pedal board, now's the time.
I bought this and liked it so much I did sell my big heavy pedal board and now I have moved up, in terms of more expensive, in the effects processor world.
I also have used this for effects on my steel and the volume pedal on this unit was actually very good.
Everything on it works and it looks new. I will leave my user presets (mostly leaning clean) if you want or I can return them to the factory user presets (it has user and factory and I modified a lot of the user presets to suit my taste). You could hear my presets and then change to suit your taste.
Original box included. Manuals also. This works on 4 AA batteries or a regular 9v wall wart (not included).
$160 shipped CONUS. Paypal add 3%
Thanks for looking.

Fred Rogan

Birmingham, AL USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2022 2:19 pm    

ttt

Daniel Bailey

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2022 11:52 am    

I also have one of these, they are excellent. Is it possible to export your patches with Boss Tone Center? I'd be interested in the settings you used for PSG.

Fred Rogan

Birmingham, AL USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2022 6:03 pm    

Hey Daniel - thanks and sorry for the delayed response.
I don't know about exporting the patches - never looked into that. Believe me, they are nothing special.
All of the patches I made that I have used with steel are pretty basic - echo, reverb, compression and some distortion. Very little distortion on steel or guitar as I mostly prefer clean patches/sounds. I did have a few patches with light chorus. I never played steel out with the GT-1 but had a lot of fun at home using it.
I have used it on guitar playing at church - great being able to put it in a back pack with pretty much any effect I need. Let me know if you have any questions.