The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Marty Stuart Talks About String Bender
Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2022 8:40 am    

I thought some of you may enjoy this video where Marty Stuart talks about Clarence White and his string bender Telecaster. https://youtu.be/r8H08Xs_w8A
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Bryce Van Parys

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2023 12:10 pm    

Ok, that was worth the price of admission. I have 2 teles.... which one should get a bender? Very Happy While I contemplate, I'll listen to some Byrds!

I've actually been researching the Glaser bender system for a while. Any thoughts on that?

Double bass, Mike Lull V4, G&L SB2 electric bass, Stratocaster, Telecaster, Les Paul, Martin D18GE,

John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2023 1:41 pm    

Bryce Van Parys wrote:
Ok, that was worth the price of admission. I have 2 teles.... which one should get a bender? Very Happy While I contemplate, I'll listen to some Byrds!

I've actually been researching the Glaser bender system for a while. Any thoughts on that?

Zac Childs has a very good vid where Joe Glaser puts a bender in his telecaster.
https://youtu.be/JLBKjRpRA7U

Everytime I sit down and want to learn Bernie Leadon's solo on "Peacful Easy Feeling" I am tempted to send my tele to Joe and have one installed.

Joe's newer style system where the saddle is made so you can change between B and G bender. The one on the Fender Brent Mason sig tele is nice.

Zac on the new style bender.
https://youtu.be/rkGrppImeLQ
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5

Last edited by John Larson on 12 Jan 2023 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2023 3:52 pm    

I saw Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives several years ago. Marty had that guitar absolutely cranked and it was the best sounding Tele/bender I've ever heard - he and "Cousin Kenny" opened with "The Whiskey Ain't Workin'" and never looked back.