mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2022 4:27 pm    

Any one play thru a fender pro or pro reverb
Wit a 12" or 15" what's your opinion

P.w

Dana Blodgett

California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2022 5:44 pm    

I had a ‘66 Fender Pro Reverb for several years 40 watts 2x12” Jensens that I mainly used for my 6 strings. Imo probably the best gigging amp ever. I loved the tone…to die for. Very good reverb & tremolo fix. The only negative thing I can think of was it was very heavy.
I blew a speaker and had it re-coned ,but it didn’t sound the same afterwards…someone offered me twice what I paid for it so I went for it. I then bought an early 90’s Fender Super 4x10” Jensens w 60 watts, also very heavy, but sounds really good to me, 3 channels with gain adjustments.
A fender black face pro reverb is a really good sounding amp imo.
'74 ShoBud 6140 3+4, Martins HD28,D-12-28, D-15,'65 Gibson LG-1, '77 Gibson Les Paul special dbl cut p-90's, Les Paul Special p-100's,Les paul Special Hybrid(maple top) hbkr's,'68 Fender Strat reissue, Fender Squire Jazz bass,Epi mandolin,Epi Wilshire '66 reissue, Kamaka Concert uke, 70's Kamaka Soprano Uke, Fender Super amp, Ampeg ba112 bass amp,60's harmony banjo,'00 Gibson SG Supreme

Brint Hannay

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2022 8:14 pm    

I have a '66 Pro Reverb (with original Utah 12s). Great gigging amp for both guitar and steel, IMO. I modded it for reverb and trem on the Normal channel so each instrument has its own channel. Hopefully someday I'll get to gig it again (at least occasionally) Oh Well Sad .

Dave Grafe

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2022 5:48 pm    

I have a '64 Vibroverb with a 15" JBL, essentially the same AB763 circuit as the Pro Reverb with an 8 ohm OT.
My favorite amp of all time but underpowered with some bands.

Lee Dassow

Jefferson, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2022 7:01 pm    

I occasionally play through my 72 fender pro reverb just a little reverb on 4 and it sounds great. to tell you the truth i cant tell much difference between either MSA and Mullen in sound through the pro reverb amp. T.Lee
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2022 1:01 am    

A few years back , when I was still very active on Steel- pre Covid, I was "THIS CLOSE" to purchasing a late 60's PRO REVERB. Money wasn't the issue, finding the right condition amp was. I had every intention of using it for all gigs, Steel and/or Double duty.

BUT- then the unexpected happened. Sad My 5 year run on my twice a month gig came to an abrupt halt, never to return.

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Last edited by Tony Prior on 7 Oct 2022 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Dave Grafe

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2022 10:57 am    

I can't imagine a better dual-purpose amp, Tony, as a JBL guy I chose the Vibroverb for the lighter weight of its single 15" but it's the same amp otherwise. I play my Strat through it and it's sublime.

Hopefully the opportunities will return, here in the Hudson River Valley live music is back with a vengeance and steel guitar is in demand.

Mark Perrodin

Tucson Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2022 7:50 am     pro

I play through a 1962 Brownface Pro with a 15” Electro-voice SRO speaker. It is the earlier SRO with the coffee-can magnet cover. It also has harmonic tremolo. It really fits me well and I use it for 6 string guitar as well. Fender made some very fine amps and I think this is my favorite.

James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2022 8:06 am    

Mark P,
I have the same vintage Fender Concert amp….4-10’s instead of the 15….same basic amp w/harmonic trem……Really nice natural overdriven tone !..

Love that early SRO ….

One of my favorites too !……..Jim

Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2022 11:38 am    

Sort of related.... Been playing at home thru my 2010-ish Bassman LTD. I've been something of a "power snob" and preferred higher-wattage amps but that LTD sounds pretty good, at least at home.

Never used it for steel live and I'd want to drop a mic on it if I did, but I've thought about it a fair amount... Winking

Dave Zirbel

Sebastopol, CA USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2022 2:04 pm    

I have a 65 2 x 12 Pro Reverb with NOS RCA Blackplate 6L6's....great amp. It has a pair of reconed Jensens, thinking of trying those Eminence GA-SC64 Alisandro speakers to tighten up the bottom end, although with todays sound reinforcement, a Deluxe Reverb seems to be enough to get the job done and still piss off the sound man! LOL!