The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  From George L's Company
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2022 10:04 am    

The good folks at George L's asked me to post this for the steel guitar world.

" Kimberly and Leesa Lewis with saddened hearts announce that George L's will no longer manufacture the steel guitar pickups and are also discontinuing the string line. However they will be continuing on with the cable and plugs line of the business. With over 30 international distributors and countless dealers in the US our cable line growing by the day."

I will remain a George L's dealer for the finest instrument cable in the world, IMHO.

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Dom Franco

Beaverton, OR, 97007
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2022 10:47 am    

I am very sad to hear this since all my lapsteels are built with George L pickups. I will have to experiment with other manufacturer's pickups if I want to continue making my own instruments! Embarassed

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2022 11:07 am    

I was told about the pickups by someone from GFI, as they no longer are using George L's pickups.

Last time I was at their shop in Madison it was mentioned most of their business was in the "rock world".