The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Travel guitars (six string)
Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2022 2:54 pm    

I want to purchase a guitar to keep in my camper. I first looked at the Martin backpacker but seemed to have virtually no guitar sound at all. I know there’s various mini and baby models out there but when I read reviews they say they’re good if you have small hands (I don’t).
Any suggestions? I’m looking for small(er) dimensions with a relatively full size neck.

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2022 4:04 pm    

I would recommend a cheapo Asian solidbody (Epi, Squire, etc.) and a battery-powered mini-amp. If it's gotta be an acoustic -- get a ukulele -- they're fun.

D Schubert

Columbia, MO, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2022 5:02 am    

Recording King Style 0, parlor sized body, 12 frets to the body, 25.4" scale, well-built

Mike Bacciarini

Arizona
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2022 6:14 am    

I have a Martin LX1E and absolutely love it. Of course it doesn’t have the bottom end of a Dreadnaught, but it has perfect intonation and it’s very compact. Comes with a really good gig bag. I often grab it first over my D16 when working out songs as it’s light, comfortable, and sounds pretty great.
MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Princeton 65W, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.