The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Bob Sehy Squareneck Spider Big Body Reso $1600+SH [CLOSE]
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2022 1:32 pm    

I have 2 professional grade resos and can barely afford one so I have to let one go. I flipped a coin and this one won [lost?]

$1600 + S/H. These are uncertain times so act soon if you have interest. I will entertain reasonable offers

This is a custom built 2011 vintage large body solid wood instrument by New York luthier Bob Sehy. Rosewood back and sides, spruce top. Ebony board, fully bound with curly maple. Large open body post construction with no baffle.

Hardware is Scheerhorn cone, Beard lyre cover plate. Composite ebony over maple saddles, bone nut. Ebony buttons on Grover machines.
#14 adjustable spider bridge if you want to add the Nashville Piezo saddles.

Tweed case with a smudge or two but good condition.
Couple minor dull places on front and back of body. Light area at bottom of back is not a chip or repair just a difference in wood characteristics. The headstock overlay is blank, only a reflection there. See photos.

I get lots of comments from the family about the punch and volume of this guitar.

The guitar has an even balanced crisp clear tone associated with rosewood.

Price is $1600 + FEDEX shipping. I pack myself and hand carry to depot. USPS may be a consideration also.

I do not do Paypal. I accept Bank Cashiers Checks or USPS money orders. Personal checks OK from established forum members in good standing but must wait for clearance.

Please forum members in the conus only. I guarantee you won't find this much guitar anywhere for this price. Custom built in the good old USA!

Contact my forum Private Message feature for interest, questions, information etc.

Sold as is. No refunds. Funds will be spent on receipt.

Offer subject to price change or cancellation at any time.

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 7 Oct 2022 7:11 am; edited 3 times in total

HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2022 9:05 am    

I have a 7 string Sehy that I love.....I've been to Bob's shop a few times and have played a few of his guitars while visiting......Bob made (no longer making) high end "dobros" at mid level prices......IMO his guitars were best bang for the buck.....

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2022 7:17 pm    

Thanks for posting your endorsement of Bob's instruments Howard. Excellent craftsman, really nice guitars that play and sound great.

This is a fine guitar. I have 2 resos. I just need to trim down. I chose to post this one because it's the nicer of the two and I was hoping for a quicker sale.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2022 4:09 pm    

I should add that this guitar has more of a modern sound unlike the original Dobro. It's a fuller, large body sound...the type of sound you hear on most reso recordings today.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2022 8:54 am    

I believe I have underestimated the value of this guitar, so I have adjusted the asking price.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2022 6:38 am    

great price on custom reso…

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2022 11:54 am    

I am willing to negotiate within reasonable parameters.
[Please only make realistic offers.]

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 7 Oct 2022 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2022 5:03 pm    

I've had some questions regarding the species of spruce on the top. Sorry, I don't know how to tell.

I do know that this instrument is a fine one built in the USA by a USA builder with USA hardware.

The guitar sounds great to me, but some players like to have their own personal set up put on a new instrument by pros such as Bobby Wright et al.

For that reason, I will take a slight reduction toward that with an outright sale only. Trades referred to above will be against the posted price.

If no takers at these offers, I'll just keep it. Thanks.

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 7 Oct 2022 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Corbin Pratt

Nashville
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2022 6:19 am    

Hey Jerry. Does this have electronics in it?

Show Pro SD-10, Shaw Amplifiers, Kemper

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2022 6:34 am    

No electronics. It has the screws in the spider saddle slot for adjusting the height of the saddles if one wants to install the JD Fishman Nashville though. That saves a few bucks from having to buy the Fishman ready spider.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2022 7:26 am     GONE Please Close

The Sehy saga has ended. With apologies for reneging on a former offer or two due to seller remorse, fending off some flak, even ill will in the form of some evil code, I finally found the courage and buyer to do what was necessary.

This beautiful instrument has found another home with a fine gentleman who appreciates the absolutely gorgeous build and voice of this guitar. My photos here didn't do it justice.

I didn't fully realize just how stunning the appearance and delicious the sound until I saw and heard it from a listener's perspective as the new owner played it before driving off with it.

This is a one of a kind custom instrument that will only appreciate in value and continue to sweeten as it ages. Those that passed on this offer missed out on a tremendous instrument and value.

It is with some regret I ask the post be closed. The donation is pending some other transactions and should be satisfied shortly. Thanks. JO.