The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Rick Bakelite B6, SOLD! Pls. Close (Donation forthcoming)
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2022 9:42 am    

Up for sale is one of the best sounding Ricky pre-war/wartime bakelites I've ever owned (my pal and steel teacher Jeff Kearns played it yesterday and fell in love with it). Seriously, this guitar really has that pure 1.5" horseshoe tone (and the tone control is sensitive and wide enough to do a that "boo-wha" trick if yer into that sort of thing).

Great looking and sounding guitar--plus, a brand new set of Scotty's C6 strings were put on last night!

As you can see from the pics, this Rickenbacher B6 is in beautiful shape:

Serial # is C 3335 (Which is likely 1940ish):

Now, here's what's non-original to the guitar and any minor flaws (which I took into consideration when pricing): non-original Grover tuners (work great, hold a tune perfectly). Non-original, but identical replacement flying saucer knobs made by Todd Clinesmith*. There is a repaired crack above above 12th fret where guitar meets body--absolutely, 100% structurally sound, tho if you’re a stickler for perfection you could always have the neck re-set; these are bolt-on necks, so that also something you could do yourself if you're especially handy--as most Forum members seem to be. I didn't even notice it when I bought the guitar, but I did when it arrived (the seller never pointed any of the imperfections out, but I will). Hairline crack starting just under tone knob (see pics)--it's also barely noticeable and hard to capture in photos, but I'm a full-disclosure seller. Has absolutely no impact on the structural integrity of the guitar and is purely cosmetic (and impossible to notice unless you're right on top of the guitar). Finally, panels have recently been professionally resurfaced/repainted with a pro enamel coating as close to the original color as possible. Looks gorgeous.

Original hardshell case isn't pretty, but is 100% structurally sound enough to safely transport the guitar. Hatton could probably fix it up for you real pretty for relatively little if that kinda stuff matters to you.

Just $1,200 + shipping not to exceed $50 to anywhere in the lower 48 (if it's more than $50, I'll eat it). I accept PayPal F&F or regular PP + 3% (same with Venmo or Cash App). I will always accept a personal check from any long-time, active Forum members I know or b0b vouches for Smile .

Thanks for taking a look!

*If you want a set of original saucer knobs, you can find 2 on eBay for $150: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334470303934?hash=item4ddffbd0be:g:IOkAAOSw9X9io2AQ
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.