The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SOLD Composite Acoustics C.O.T. Carbon Fiber Guitar - $1600
Matthew Walton

Fort Worth, Texas
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2022 4:00 pm    

Sold offsite. Forgot I even had this listed here. Leaving for posterity in case someone wants to look at the pretty pictures.

Be the envy of your friends with the axe that stays in tune from the air-conditioned green room to the full-sun stage!

Selling my CA Guitars (aka Composite Acoustics) Legacy Artist Series C.O.T. guitar, made in Lafayette, LA. Comes with OHSC. Fearlessly play any outdoor gig with this bad boy around your neck! Plays great, I'm just downsizing a bit.

This guitar has several really nice features. To start with, of course the one-piece carbon fiber body and neck that CA is famous for. This particular model has a red Crown of Thorns rosette, which really pops nicely against the natural carbon fiber weave. Combined with the plain black fretboard and the red headstock logo, it's a quite striking design.

The tuning machines are Sperzel Sound-Lok, which are super handy to have and allow for super quick string changes. Just insert string into the hole by the slot and feed string all the way through the shaft until it comes out the bottom of the post. Bend the string to lie in the post slot and tune up.

This guitar has two pickups: an undersaddle transducer, and an iBeam. These are controlled by the onboard LR Baggs iMix preamp. This preamp has a knob that lets you blend the undersaddle transducer with the iBeam, allowing you to mix the presence of the transducer with natural sound of the iBeam. Other controls are bass and treble EQ, volume, and a phase switch to combat feedback. This preamp also lets you run in stereo or mono mode; it is currently set to mono.

Overall good condition. This is a gigging guitar, so there are some chips in a few places; I've included pics of all the ones I've noticed. At one point the binding on the neck started to separate, but I had it repaired professionally and you can't even feel it. The soft plastic shroud surrounding the onboard preamp is a bit warped from I assume heat, but that's the extent of the heat damage. The beauties of carbon fiber!

I'm not sure of the exact year. It's definitely pre-Peavey, and from what I found online, probably made in the 2003-2005 range.

Asking $1600. I would prefer to sell locally (Dallas/Fort Worth), but I could be convinced to ship at buyer's expense. I don't know the exact cost, but I suspect it would be somewhere between $75 and $150 after packing materials (I would be transparent with shipping costs).

Let me know if you have any questions or need any other pics, and thanks for looking!

1981 MSA "The Universal" 9/5 | 2009 MSA S-12 SuperSlide | Peavey Nashville 112