The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  6 String Pedal Steel Guitar
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2022 8:41 am    

Feelers out for a 6 string pedal steel guitar with at least 3 and 4. Joe Perry Cougar Slide Master all pull and similar.

I had this one earlier but let it go for the money. Shoulda given it more time.

I won't rule out lesser mechanics if cheap enough, but really need more pedals and levers than the six shooter and similar.

If you have something priced reasonably in the low to mid hundreds, hit me up here on the forum PMs.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2022 7:53 am    

🔝🔝

Rex Lindsey

Ellisville, MS USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2022 8:37 am     6 String Pedal Steel

WHAT IS THE BLACK FLOOR PEDAL FOR ???

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2022 9:24 am    

Rex, I had a guitar tuning on this pedal steel EADGBE. I put the pedal in that position so that I could use it with the right foot to pull the tuning into an open G and then use the other pedals to pull the strings to the 4 chord in the same fashion as the standard E9th tuning except it was in G v. E.

That way I could still have the std. guitar tuning for either fretting or use a pedal to pull the G string to G# for a 7th for blues stuff. Something I learned from Bill Hatcher's Freddie King Hideaway tune. https://youtu.be/FKdeid_MBqo
I got nowhere near Bill's playing, but I was working on it.

I experimented with several things on this little guitar, even had a fretted board on there to play like a standard guitar at one time ala Thumbs and Jeff Healey. I also drilled and tapped it for split tuners..

Lots of things to do with a 6 string with 3 or 4 pedals and 4 KLs.

Circumstances developed that I needed to sell the guitar and so that was the end of that, but looking to start again maybe.

The pedal is black because it was what I had handy to put on the guitar. It is a Mullen pedal.

I sold it to a forum member in Fla., and recently messaged the buyer about buying it back, but never got a response.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2022 2:07 pm    

🤠 Still looking for a budget pedal 6 stringer, but I really just wanted to bump this to give everybody another chance to see Bill Hatcher do his magic on one of these with the Freddie King tune. See the link above. Some guys, huh?

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 1 May 2023 7:30 am    

Still looking for a 6 banger for cheap. I want to help a buddy get back into pedal steel and maybe use myself for some quick gig totes.

Maybe you tried one and you didn't take to it or just outgrew it.

No fancy new high dollar instruments though, something probably mid hundreds range in playable condition.

At least 2 pedals and 2 knees, but will consider all 6 stringers, no 10s for this use.

Hit my PMs if you have something compatible to my needs.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2023 8:23 am    

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
🤠 Still looking for a budget pedal 6 stringer, but I really just wanted to bump this to give everybody another chance to see Bill Hatcher do his magic on one of these with the Freddie King tune. See the link above. Some guys, huh?

Uh, yeah….😱

You can almost taste the tone he’s getting on that thing.
Bill is mind boggling talented. His playing kills, plus he builds those gorgeous instruments. A Renaissance (or Resonance?) Man for sure. He even looks like Da Vinci.

I’m kinda interested in an S6 now too. Good luck finding the one that got away, Jerry.

Lee Rider

Fort Bragg, California, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2023 10:38 am     cougar on Reverb

One on Reverb for $700: https://reverb.com/item/69667626-cougar-slidemaster-90s

Lee Rider

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2023 11:45 am    

Thanks Lee. Yeah, it's got a few warts.... still, I'd buy it but it's in Joshua Tree Ca. and he's not shipping it.

Have relatives but they're way up in Chico also in Bakersfield but they're not really up to it. Don't know anyone else in the area well enough to impose on for the task....guess it's just not meant to be.