The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Buying my first pedal steel
Joseph Korvits

Estonia
Post  Posted 27 May 2022 1:50 am    

Hello!

My name Joosep and I´m from Estonia, Europe.

I´m huge country music fan and I have musical backround playing cello and mostly classical music. There is also influence from my parents as they listended/played country and rock'n'roll music. I also play guitar and piano but i feel that I have that special love for pedal steel guitar (sometimes hours of watching jamming videos)

I started to do research about pedal steels around my area, btw in Estonia there are 2(!) pedal steel guitars for I know.
The market in Europe is quite small for that and I found this forum. For a beginner I´m looking for pedal steel with 4 bars and 3 pedals (that was the recommandation from one pedal steeler in Estonia).

My budget is around 1500$ but I defenetly look all options. For payment I prefer PayPal as easiest option.
Transport: my wife's uncle lives in New York permanently and the best is ship it there, he is willing to ship it overseas after.

Thank you for attention!
Joosep Kõrvits

Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 27 May 2022 6:59 am    

Your budget is probably too low to get a decent pedal steel. I wish you luck, though.

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 27 May 2022 9:55 am    

Hello Joosep, you might want to look into a new Justice S-10. It's their base model, with 3 pedals and 4 knee levers it is $1595. http://www.justicesteelguitars.com/S10.html

The problem with buying a used guitar from so far away is that you are taking a chance that is could have problems that you wouldn't have the knowledge or resources available to repair. With a new guitar you know it will be working properly so you can focus your time and energy on playing and learning.

Joseph Korvits

Estonia
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2022 1:46 pm    

Thank you all for your help! (Also can close/delete this topic!)

I ordered from buddy Ted Nesbitt from Northern-Ireland Emmons pedal steel and it just arrived to Estonia today Smile Here is the picture: