The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fresno CA Steel Repair? Central Valley? California?
Dan Cady

Fresno, CA. USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2022 10:21 am    

I’m having trouble with my ZB. Does anyone know who I could turn to in California? It’s been a while since I’ve had a problem this perplexing, and I just don’t know whose still working. Thanks in advance.

Paul Redmond

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2022 11:03 am    

Call Jim Palenscar at Steel Guitars of South County at (760)754 2120. If he can't fix it, it can't be fixed!!!
PRR

Dave Magram

San Jose, California, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2022 2:54 pm    

Dan,

It might be useful to add "ZB" to your subject line and/or post this question on the long-running ZB thread:
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=314764&sid=a3a041c7f0eb89e82c7e06741909148b

I seem to recall a couple of ZB enthusiasts in your area who have totally restored basket-case ZBs.

- Dave

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 24 May 2022 12:56 pm    

Both Eric Dahlhoff and Dave Zirbel in NorCal are ZB enthusiasts, and both very knowledgeable about them. Whether they would have the time or inclination to do any actual work on your guitar I can't say, but one of them may be able to offer some advice to get you sorted. Your post doesn't say what the actual issue you're having is. Many common PSG problems aren't brand-specific, so others may have insights if they/we know what the actual issue is. As Dave said above, making your title (and post) more specific and descriptive is better for everyone, and more likely to get the attention of the correct folks who can help.

Steve Cattermole

California, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2022 1:01 pm    

I agree with Paul, except it's Steel Guitars of North County. Jim will take good care of you

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2022 2:33 pm    

You might try Larry Petree in Bakersfield, mechanic for many brands, I imagine he'd know a thing or two about ZBs! PM me for his phone number.