The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Im Gone
Joe Krumel

Hermitage, Tn.
Post  Posted 20 May 2022 3:19 am    

Hey Bill,I kinda like your Festivus idea. Traditionally we could only air grievances,feats of strength,etc on Dec.23. But rules are made to be broken. Laughing

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2022 4:19 am    

Bill McCloskey wrote:

I think we need to add a new section, similar to the "Gone Home" section. It can be the "I'm Gone" section where everyone can have an "Airing of Grievances" I've got a lot of problems with you people.

What a disaster THAT would be!

IMHO, the forum works just fine for the overwhelming majority of time. Let's not lower our standards. If somebody wants to fight, take it outside.

(Or, we could have a "Festivus Forum", accessible only on one day of the year for the airing of grievances. Laughing )

Al Evans

Austin, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2022 6:32 am     Re: my opinion

David Ball wrote:
I haven't owned a TV in 30 years.

I thought I was the only one! Turned it off during the first Iraq war. Haven't missed it.

Quote:
I have bought, sold and traded quite a few instruments during that time though....

Dave

Yeah, me, too. Very Happy

--Al Evans

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2022 6:45 am    

I don't own a TV.
It's surprising what you can get done when you're not plopped in front of the boob tube. Whoa!
Erv

Robert B Murphy

Mountain View, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2022 7:00 am    

...unlike a computer screen. But so what? It's not like I have something else that absolutely has to be done. Besides, I like the company.

Maybe we should all go yell at the Green Mountains like the kid in Shane going: Chriiiiis! Come back Chris! If Chris thinks he's shut of us, well we'll just see.

Last edited by Robert B Murphy on 20 May 2022 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 20 May 2022 7:35 am    

Chris will be missed by the forum, believe me. There really aren't any other ways to interact with him except by email or phone call. The guy is a very creative mind with many ideas and also a veteran who picked the brains of many players and builders and who also can play his ass off himself.

I'm not sure what provoked Chris's decision but I hope that it's just a break. Sometimes it can be frustrating communicating on a forum, but it is a chance to interact with some people with whom you could share your most esoteric discoveries and ideas. Even if it's only one person who takes an interest in what you're saying, it could be a great thing. I've gotten used to the narrower audience for my own personal musical style and ideas, but if it inspires someone--anyone--I'll be happy.

I've seen many forums get lost to the ravages of time and who knows, maybe the same fate awaits SGF, but we live in the now and it's important to share.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2022 7:52 am    

Mike Neer wrote:
Chris will be missed by the forum, believe me. There really aren't any other ways to interact with him except by email or phone call. The guy is a very creative mind with many ideas and also a veteran who picked the brains of many players and builders and who also can play his ass off himself.

Agreed. I hate seeing solid community members leave, especially those who have so much knowledge to share.

Robert B Murphy

Mountain View, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2022 11:07 am    

Why do you suppose Chris put this post up here at all?

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2022 11:19 am    

Ask him! Rolling Eyes

scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 20 May 2022 12:02 pm    

Buddy Emmons participated and posted on this forum for at least 15 years. last post I can find is from 2014. aren't we lucky that he chose to "waste time" with us here?