The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 112 issues
Nicholas Scott

Norfolk, VA USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2022 3:24 am    

I have a Peavey Nashville 112 that does not make any sound through the speaker. I can hear the amp kick on when the power is switched on but no sound through the speaker. The Headphone jack on the back works perfectly fine. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 6 May 2022 4:23 am    

That can be (usually is) a dirty "normal through" contact on an effects loop return jack or on the power amp in jack.
Start by connecting a guitar cord to the Pre EQ out and in. If that doesn't fix it, do the same thing to the Post EQ loop, and if that doesn't fix it do the same thing to the Preamp out/Power Amp in.
Whichever is causing it, plug in/out several times on the return (or Power amp in) to try and clean it. If that doesn't do it, the chassis will have to be removed and contact cleaner used on the jack.
If contact cleaner doesn't work the jack will have to be replaced (or permanently use a jumper guitar cable).

There can be other problems but 99% of the time its one of those jacks.

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2022 7:36 am    

I had someone call me once about their 112 that was doing the same thing- they had the headphones plugged in and that muted the speaker Smile.

Nicholas Scott

Norfolk, VA USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2022 8:44 am     Jim

That’s pretty funny Jim. I wish that was the issue. Haha.